MAKE IT CUTE
Kid Made Modern:
It’s too cold outside. There’s nothing on TV. You’ve read all your books. Sigh. You're out of things to do! Lucky for you the book Kid Made Modern by Todd Oldham is chock-full of 52 easy-to-do crafts.
Simple, fun and creative craft projects make this book the best Saturday afternoon boredom buster ever. Most of the materials that ya use are recycled stuff that you can find lyin' around the house (hello, helping the environment!). Clear, colorful pictures guide you through each step of the craft so you'll never make a mistake or have a problem understanding the directions.
1. Ask an adult to help you make your stamp by cutting the potato in half and then slicing a square form into the cut face.
2. Remove the side pieces away from the square form by slicing inward along the side.
3. Cut across the t-shirt just under the sleeve and cut off the hem.
4. Slide a piece of cardboard or foil inside the shirt to prevent the ink from going through to the other side.
5. Hold the round end of the potato stamp, place your stamp onto the fabric paint, and stamp your pattern on the fabric.
6. To “set” your printed design, follow the fabric paint’s instructions.
Kid Made Modern by Todd Oldham. Copyright © 2009. Reproduced by permission of the publisher, AMMO Books, Los Angeles, CA.