In the News
5 easy ways to celebrate Earth Day this year
1. Make a garden
This is the perfect family activity to do for Earth Day! Just clear a spot in your yard and decide what to plant. If it's tiny, just go for a herb garden (fresh herbs are amazing for cooking), but if you're able to clear a wider patch of land, consider planting fruits, veggies, and even flowers!
2. Try doing a "Meatless Monday" once a week
Meatless Monday basically means giving up eating meat for one meal a week, which can surprisingly help the amount of pollution that the Earth gets. Check out HERE for some amazing meat-free recipes!
3. Upcycle your clothes
There's *tons* of TikToks (check out some HERE) on making your clothes look fab, so try out some tutorials on clothes you would have normally thrown away! Not only will you save money on new clothes, but you're helping the environment at the same time!
4. Spend some time in the great outdoors
If it's sunny outside on Earth Day, take the afternoon to do something outside! Go for a hike, a bike ride, or even just walk to school instead of drive.
5. Start a compost bin
While this might take the most work out of any on this list, it can also be the most rewarding to the Earth, as it saves trash from the landfill and helps other plants grow. Follow the tutorial HERE, and watch as your old scraps turn into fuel for your yard!
What are you planning to do this Earth Day? Let us know on Twitter @girlslifemag!
check these out!
you might like these
- Everything you missed in Biden’s speech to Congress last week
- EXCLUSIVE! Meet the cast of Brat TV's Charmers starring Sophie Fergi, Sarah Dorothy Little, Brooklyn Queen and Indi Star!
- Jordana Bryant gives all the songwriting advice you need to get started on your dreams
- Check out the new issue of Girls' Life starring Pressley Hosbach!