MAKE IT CUTE
Everything you need to make the best-ever DIY chai latte
You can't have a main-character fall moment without a warm drink in your hand, so luckily GL is here to *literally* spice up the hot beverage game with all the fall flavors rolled into one insanely tasty chai latte. Did we mention this recipe is perfect for busy mornings and rainy afternoons alike?
What you'll need:
2 chai tea bags
Milk or milk alternative
Vanilla or vanilla flavor
Cinnamon, nutmeg or both
1) Boil 1/2 cup hot water
2) Steep both tea bags in hot water for at least 5 minutes
3) While tea is steeping, heat up 1 cup of your preferred milk mixed with a splash of vanilla in the microwave for 45-60 seconds
Optional— if you have a milk frother, feel free to froth the vanilla-milk mixture for a nice foamy layer after it's been heated up
4) Remove tea bags and add honey to taste; stir honey to avoid it settling on the bottom
5) Add the milk mixture to your cup of tea
6) Sprinkle the top of your latte with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg (or both!)
Once you try out this recipe and discover your new go-to beverage, feel free to experiment with the ingredients and personalize your latte for you!
Tag us in your aesthetic latte pics on Instagram @girlslifemag!
GIFs via Giphy