FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Ideas for an *unforgettable* end of summer party bash
The peak of warm weather and relaxation may be coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean you can’t go out with a bang! Check out this list of recipes, music and decor ideas for your perfect party.
Something to nom on + a refreshment:
Barbecue chicken sliders
Everyone loves finger foods and these are easy to make, fun to serve and perfect for a small, summer barbecue snack. You might want to make moret than a few platters of these...they'll go quickly!
- Bacon, cooked
- Shredded chicken
- Thin red onion
- Barbecue sauce
- 1 stick of butter
- Cheddar cheese
- Slider or dinner rolls
1. Place the slider rolls on a cutting board without separating them, and slice the rolls in half. Then place the bottom half of the rolls in a baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pour the shredded chicken into a bowl and add the BBQ sauce. Stir to combine.
3. Place the BBQ drizzled chicken on top of the rolls, followed by the bacon, sliced red onion and cheese.
4. Put the top half of the slider rolls back on and coat with melted butter.
5. Bake in a 365 degree preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
6. Slice the rolls, serve and enjoy!
Strawberry basil spritzer
This drink offers the perfect fruity, warm weather vibe. Everyone needs to stay cool and hydrated during the summer, so why not make a drink that's easy and refreshing? This spritzer is also a healthier alternative to punch.
- 4 medium-sized strawberries, diced
- 3 oz. soda water
- 1 tablespoon of chopped basil
- Juice of half a lime
- Sliced strawberries and basil leaves for garnish
1. Dice the strawberries and combine them with the basil. Then add the lime juice and let it sit for five minutes.
2. Fill a glass with ice and the strawberry basil mixture. Top with soda water and garnish with strawberries and basil leaves.
Games and activities:
Paint Slip 'N Slide
Sporty and crafty at the same time? Why not? This activity is a good excuse to decorate boring, white tees, while also getting your splash on! No one will want to pass up that opportunity.
- Paint (either fabric or washable paint)
- Long, rectangular plastic tarp
- White t-shirt/outfit
1. Lay the plastic tarp down over a grassy area.
2. Put on your white outfit (it's going to get messy.)
3. Take your paint bottles and squeeze the paint out, all across the tarp.
4. Now it's ready for slipping and sliding. Tip: It might be fun to set up multiple tarps for different kinds of color schemes. One could be for neons, another for cooler colors, etc. Have fun with it!
Glow in the dark bowling
Nighttime party? No prob at all. Glow in the dark bowling is the go-to for backyard activities at night. You won't even need any flashlights! The pins with light the way for you.
- 10 disposable plastic water bottles
- 10 glow sticks in a variety of different colors
- A soccer ball
1. Remove all labels from the water bottles. If the bottles are brand new, pour a little water out of the top to leave room for placing the glow sticks.
2. Crack the glow sticks to activate them, then drop one glow stick in each bottle. Replace the lids securely on the bottles.
3. Line the bottles up in bowling pin formation. The back row should have 4, the next one 3, then 2, and finally 1 in the front.
4. Get your game on!
Do you have any ideas for summer party games, recipes, or decorations? Please share with us in the comments below!