MAKE IT CUTE
Kid Made Modern:
It’s too cold outside. There’s nothing on TV. You’ve read all your books. Sigh. You're out of things to do! Lucky for you the book Kid Made Modern by Todd Oldham is chock-full of 52 easy-to-do crafts.
Simple, fun and creative craft projects make this book the best Saturday afternoon boredom buster ever. Most of the materials that ya use are recycled stuff that you can find lyin' around the house (hello, helping the environment!). Clear, colorful pictures guide you through each step of the craft so you'll never make a mistake or have a problem understanding the already-easy directions.
What You'll Need:
(Psst! We bet you can find most of the supplies lying around the house!)
8-inch wooden disc, ¾ inch thick
12 wooden clothes pins
2. Fold the paper into a half moon. Align the edges and make a pencil line along the fold.
3. Fold half moon paper in half again into a pie shape. Align fold along the pencil like to establish equal quarters and make a pencil mark along the fold.
4. Fold paper in half again into a skinny pie piece and trace along folds until 12 marks are made.
5. Run wood glue along one side of a clothespin and center it on top of the pencil lines on the disc aligning the spring groove with the discs edge. Wipe off excess glue with a Q-tip.
6. Paint the discs center and the top of the clothespins.
Kid Made Modern by Todd Oldham. Copyright © 2009. Reproduced by permission of the publisher, AMMO Books, Los Angeles, CA.