Cozy Couch Reads: The Market by J.M. Steele
When Kate Winthrop stumbles upon the Millbank Social Stock Market (the MSSM), she's horrified to discover that out of the 140 girls in her class, she’s ranked a bleak 71!
Determined not to accept her fate as a "junk bond," she and her friends Dev and Callie set out to make her the fastest rising stock on the Market. Suddenly, Kate is embraced by the most popular girl in school and attracts the attention of the hottest boy. But Kate's remarkable rise is soon coupled with a moral descent. Before long, she’s is in danger of losing her friends—and herself.Get ready for a bullish ride into the world of popularity in The Market, an exuberant new offering by the author of The Taker (J.M. Steele).
1. Why do you think popularity is so important?
2. What would you be willing to do or give up to be popular?
3. How do you feel about the idea of being “ranked”?
4. Have you and your friends ever acted liked certain people are above or beneath you?
5. Why do you think Kate’s plan to rise up in the Market ultimately proves to be a bad idea? What could she have done differently?
Want more? CLICK HERE