MAKE IT CUTE
You'll *heart* these DIY bath bombs
With Valentine's Day only a month away, these fun sprinkled bath bombs are the best way to get in the spirit (because who doesn't love a luxurious bubble bath?). Make some for yourself, and then make extras to gift to all your besties as a special way to show them how much they mean to you.
- 8 oz baking soda
- 4 oz epsom salt
- 4 oz cornstarch
- 4 oz citric acid
- 3 tsp water
- 2 tsp of any fragrance oil or 8-10 drops of essential oil
- 2-5 drops of food coloring
- Silicone heart mold
- Rainbow sprinkles
1. Combine your dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir together ( epsom salt, cornstarch, baking soda and citric acid).
2. In another larger bowl, mix your wet ingredients (water, fragrance oil and food coloring).
3. Now slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients a little at a time. Don’t dump the whole thing in at once because you’ll ruin the fizz. You want the mix to be a “clumping” consistency. If it seems too dry, add a drop or two of water at a time and continue to mix. Use your fingers to test the consistency. Pinch a bit between your fingers...if it sticks, you’re ready to put it into the mold.
4. Once you have packed the molds tightly with the mixture, remove the extra on top. You can level them off with a butter knife.
5. Now shake the sprinkles on top of the bath bombs (which are technically the bottoms) and then lightly press them into the powder using the back of a small spoon. If you want sprinkles on both sides, you can shake some into the mold before filling.
6. Let your molds set for at least 12-14 hours to form or 24 hours if you want to be certain they’ll pop out of the mold with no problem.
Have you ever made your own bath bombs? Tell us how it went in the comments!
Tutorial credit: BitznGiggles.com