A step-by-step guide to building a low-effort beauty routine this season
There's no better way to get your day started than with a little self-care. We know what you're thinking—"Um, school mornings are busy, how am I supposed to go about doing this whole regime?" Don't worry, GL has you covered. We took *all* the important aspects of a skincare and makeup routine and rounded them up for you, as well as some of our favorite products. Your morning beauty routine just got so much easier...
1. Wash your face. Even if you washed it before you went to sleep the night before, it's still important to do a quick wash & rinse in the AM. Besides all the health benefits, you'll feel refreshed and ready to face your day after this first step.
We love the squalane cleanser from The Ordinary.
2. Moisturize. With this step, we're taking care of three different products— moisturizer, sunscreen, and face tint. That way, you'll get a lot done in less time, leaving a few extra moments for Y-O-U.
We love the tinted skin conditioner from The Lip Bar.
3. Apply chapstick. As we dive headfirst into the cooler months, chapped lips are all too real. Keep your lips soft as ever with a simple lip balm that you can keep with you all day long. Feel free to roll with this or stay tuned for a glossy addition.
We love the lip balm from Burt's Bees—have you seen all the flavors?
If you're feeling extra... or if you have a few more minutes than usual to do your routine, it can be fun to spice things up with a headband to keep your hair out of the way or treat yourself to a refreshing (but still quick!) five-minute-face mask. Here are two options we love:
1. Mascara. Whether you like brown, black or clear, mascara is a must when it comes to an easy makeup routine. If you're keeping it natural, your eyes are going to be the center of attention and a quick swipe of mascara can do so much!
We love this MIlK MAKEUP mascara.
2. Blush. We all like looking as if we came back from an amazing beach vacation, but during the fall and winter months, that's not really possible. Add some blush to your makeup routine to give yourself that just-came-back-from-the-beach glow.
We love this blush from Tarte Cosmetics. There are so many colors to choose from.
3. Eyebrow gel. This is the perfect product for those mornings when you sleep through your alarm and need to leave your house fast, but want to look effortlessly put together.
Glossier: Boy Brow is iconic. You *need* to try it.
5. Lipgloss. Sometimes, there's nothing better than an amazing glossy lip. The options for shades (and scents) are endless, and glitter is always a fun addition if you're into it.
Laneige makes the best-flavored lip balms. We're loving them right now.
If you're feeling extra... a little shimmer never hurt anyone. We absolutely love this eye brightening stick from Thrive Cosmetics, but you can also substitute it with a highlighter or even an eye shadow.
Doing your skincare and makeup routine are some of the easiest ways to add a little self-care to your daily routine. If you’re short on time (or just don’t want to do full glam every day), we hope that this super simple and easy list of product recommendations helps you out. If these products aren’t your fave or don’t meet all your needs, NBD! Make this routine your own with any face wash, moisturizer, and makeup you want.
What's your favorite part of your morning routine? Tell us on Twitter @girlslifemag!
All GIFs via GIPHY