MAKE IT CUTE
Wrap your rezzies in homemade fortune cookies
It's the first day of 2017 which means you probably have resolutions on your mind. Sure, you can write them down in a notebook or store them in an app on your phone, but you can *also* enjoy them as a post-dinner dessert (and that's way more fun and tasty!). Make these homemade fortune cookies but, instead of those cheesy fortunes you usually get with your Saturday night Chinese order, put in your resolutions. Then eat them all week to be reminded everyday of your new goals.
1 egg white
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, beat the egg white and vanilla until foamy.
2. Mix in the flour, sugar and salt.
3. Place teaspoons of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet and spread thin with a spoon.
4. Bake 3-5 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
5. Carefully remove each cookie with a spatula, place a piece of paper with your resolution in the middle and fold in half.
6. Bend the cookie over the rim of a drinking glass and let cool.
What is one of your New Year's resolutions? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe credit: Alisa Burke.