FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Snack attack: How to make the perfect pizza pocket
What you’ll need:
1 can of crescent roll dough
¼ cup pizza sauce
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
24 slices pepperoni, or other meat, like ham, chicken, or bacon (optional)
Other toppings like peppers, olives, pineapples, or mushrooms (optional)
What you’ll do:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375°F. Unroll dough onto a prepared cookie sheet. Make rectangles with the dough by connecting two triangles on their hypotenuses (for you non-math nerds, that’s the longest side of the triangle). Firmly press down and connect the two pieces of dough together.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on only one half of each rectangle, making sure not to get too close to the edges of the dough.
3. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese on top of the sauce.
4. Top each with 6 slices of pepperoni, or another topping (or two!) of your choice.
5. Fold the half of the rectangle that has no topping over to cover the half that does. Press the edges together and seal with a fork. Make four small holes in the top of the rectangle with your fork to let steam escape.
6. Pop the pockets in the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Picture and recipe credit: pillsbury.com