MAKE IT CUTE
Totally guilt-free (and gluten-free) chocolate chip cookies
A decadent and rich chocolate cookie with no flour, sugar or butter? Yep, you read that right. Not only does this recipe substitute butter with an avocado (it's not as gross as it sounds, promise), but it also skips flour, making it the perf gluten-free option for all you gals with allergies. So, if you're a fan of gooey 'n' rich cookies, this recipe may be the answer to all your chocolate-crazed dreams.
- ¾ cup avocado flesh (very ripe, but not brown)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup dark unsweetened chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar (OR ½ cup of honey)
Directions (10 cookies):
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
3. Mash avocado then slowly add coconut sugar until mixture is smooth.
4. Crack your egg and pour it in. Then whisk until everything is fully mixed.
5. Throw in cocoa powder, baking soda, and stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Using an ice-cream scoop place dollops of cookie dough in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure to flatten the cookies out a little extra.
Note: Since we are not using butter, this recipe will not spread out like cookie dough normally does.
8. Place the cookies in the overn and bake for 8-10 minutes.
9. Using an oven mitt, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven.
10. After you’ve let the cookies cool for a bit, with the help of a spatula, separate the cookies from the parchment paper.
11. Once the cookies have completely cooled, place in an airtight container and place in the fridge over night. These cookies reach their maximum yumminess when they are completely cold.
Are you gluten intolerant? How do you satisfy your sweet tooth cravings? Share in the comments below.
Photo and recipe courtesy of: thesmoothielover.com