FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Busy girls will *love* this breakfast bake
There's no doubt that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But waking up early enough to get in a nutritious meal and make it to first period on time can be a major obstacle. To make sure you start off your day right, try making your breakfast ahead of time, like on Sunday. This baked recipe is an egg-cellent make-ahead meal that you can then pop in the microwave in the a.m. and be in your seat before the first bell.
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2. Place hash browns in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in butter, olive oil, thyme, basil, oregano and garlic powder and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Place into oven and bake until the edges begin to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and create 6 wells. Add bacon slices and eggs, gently cracking the eggs throughout and keeping the yolk intact.
5. Sprinkle eggs with Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set and bacon is cooked through, about an additional 10-12 minutes.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.