FAB UP YOUR LIFE
This patriotic popcorn is perf for Memorial Day
Looking for a little something salty and sweet this Memorial Day? Try this patriotic popcorn...the amaze combo of popcorn, chocolate and gooey marshmallow is sure to make everyone happy. It takes under 20 minutes and requires no time in the oven. Instant yum!
-10 cups of popped popcorn
-3 tbsp butter
-3 cups mini marshmallows
-Red and blue regular M&M’s
-Red and blue pretzel M&M’s
Optional: Red, white, and blue sprinkles
1. Pop 10 cups of popcorn either in the microwave, on the stove or in an air popper. Once you have made sure to remove any unpopped kernels from the bottom of the bowl, salt your popcorn to your liking.
2. Next you will need to melt your mini marshmallows. Start by heating the three tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan until melted. Next add the three cups of mini marshmallows. Stir the marshmallows until melted. As soon as they have turned to goo remove them from the heat.
3. Pour the mixture into the popcorn bowl. Add the marshmallow in slowly with a spatula to determine how sticky and sweet you want your concoction to be. Make sure to leave a little bit of the marshmallow out for the next step.
4. Once the marshmallow has been distributed thoroughly throughout the popcorn, spread the popcorn over a cookie sheet covered in foil or wax paper.
5. Next use the leftover marshmallow as the glue for your M&Ms. Lightly drizzle the remaining marshmallow over the popcorn covering the cookie sheet. After that, evenly spread the different M&Ms across the mixture, making sure they are able to stick.
6. If you are feeling extra festive, try decorating your masterpiece with some red, white, and blue sprinkles.
What are you doing for Memorial Day weekend? Let us know in the comments!
Recipe credit: Two Sisters Crafting.