MAKE IT CUTE
This carnitas taco recipe will leave you drooling
Let's get one thing straight: Not all tacos are created equal. That's why when we heard about this recipe, we had to try it and share. They're simple to make and will leave ya licking your fingers for more. Plus, it's an easy excuse to surprise your fam and tell 'em you've got dinner under control tonight.
For the pork:
2 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2- to 3-inch cubes
1 cup sliced yellow onion
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
1 1/2 tsp dried Mexican oregano
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup lard
3 tbsp vegetable oil
For the salsa:
chopped white onion
chopped fresh cilantro
salsa sauce of choice
1. Place pork in a large pot with a lid.
2. Evenly cover pork with onion, garlic, sugar, salt, oregano, bay leaf, orange juice and lemon juice.
3. Place lid over pork and put in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
4. After removing pork from the refrigerator, let it sit until it's room temperature.
5. In a small pan, heat lard until it's melted. Once melted, pour over your pork.
6. Shred pork by using a fork. Discard any chunks of fat.
7. Place pot on stove and cook over high heat.
8. Pour vegetable oil over pork and turn pork for about 4 minutes until all sides are crisp.
9. Once pork is cooked, serve with your tortillas. Don't forget to top with onion, cilantro, salsa and hint of lime.
Serves about 4-6 people
What do you think? Wanna try your hand at this ah-mazing recipe? Let us know below!
Photo and recipe courtesy of: Tacolicious, by Alex Farnum