6 steps to scoring the perfect BTS haircut
1. Plan ahead. If you walk in knowing what you want, you are way less likely to be pressured by a scissor-happy stylist. Sure, that pixie cut may sound great now, but think hard before making any drastic changes.
2. Scout it out. Flip through magazines for a picture of your ideal ‘do. Make sure you bring it along to show your hairdresser. With photo evidence, she’ll know exactly what you had in mind.
3. Learn the lingo. Figure out if you want bangs, layers, levels, highlights, lowlights, or a razor cut. Good morning, Google!
4. Go dry. If you have wavy or curly hair, ask your stylist to cut your hair while it’s dry. That way you can avoid that whole “but it looked so much longer when it was wet” ordeal.
5. Talk it out. Don’t be afraid to talk to your stylist. You can’t assume that she knows what you have in mind. Be more specific than “just a trim.” Because, trust us, your stylist may think that means something way different than you do.
6. Speak up. Especially if you aren’t super pleased. Did those highlights turn out more brassy than blonde? Most salons will offer free color correction if it they goofed your hair. Wish those bangs were a little less heavy? Test ‘em out for a week and come back for a trim, which can cost ya anywhere between free-ninety-nine or five bucks. Good luck!
FASHION 101 | Style school is now in session