FAB UP YOUR LIFE
This will be your new favorite sleepover snack
Can't decide between Oreos, cookies or M&M's for your sleepover with your girls on Friday? Solution: Have them all! And by that we mean bake them all together. These amaze-looking loaded cookie bars are the perfect blend of all of your favorite sleepover snacks. If you don't have Oreos or M&M's in your pantry, you can sub in pretzels, chocolate chips, Halloween candy or whatever you like. You'll have all your friends *begging* for the recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped or 2 cups of coarsely chopped add-ins (graham crackers, pretzels, cookies, candy etc.)
- 1/2 cup M&M's
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
3. Wait a minute to let the butter cool. Add the egg, brown sugar and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
4. Add the flour and stir until mixed well.
5. Stir in the Oreos.
6. Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
7. Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger or a spatula.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until done based on add-ins used. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
What's your go-to sleepover snack? Comment below!
Recipe credit: www.averiecooks.com