FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Make this cinnamon vanilla granola in one hour
A handful of granola pairs perfectly with yogurt or trail mix, and it makes a great after school snack. Not to mention, homemade granola is *way* tastier than store-bought. This cinnamon vanilla granola will become a staple at your breakfast table, and it's totally customizable. Add your favorite fruit and nuts while making this deliciously healthy treat!
3 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups quick oats
1 cup chopped pecans, almonds or sunflower seeds
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons corn oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup dried fruit
1. Set oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the old fashioned oats, quick oats, nuts and wheat germ. Using a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, corn oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Pour the wet mixture over the oats and stir until completely incorporated. Evenly spread the mixture onto a wax-paper lined or greased baking sheet.
4. Place sheet into 300 degree oven for 50-60 minutes. Every 15 minutes or so, remove the sheet from the oven and stir the oat mixture.
5. Remove granola from oven and stir in the dried fruit. Let the granola cool on a wire rack before storing it in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? You can check out the original here.
What's your favorite way to use granola? Do you think you'll try this recipe? Let us know what you think of this DIY granola in the comments!