FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Happy National Potato Chip Day! Celebrate with these five delicious recipes
Happy National Potato Chip Day! It’s time to celebrate one of our all-time favorite snack foods with lots of fun recipes that are *so* delicious.
Not only are these chips delicious, they are super easy to make and only require a microwave. This recipe is great for all of us who aren’t the best chefs.
1 large sweet potato, cleaned
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1. First, cut off the ends of the sweet potato. Then, slice the potato as thin as you can.
2. Put the slices into a bowl and add oil, salt, and pepper. Toss with hands.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper in the microwave and place slices in a single layer on the tray.
4. Microwave for 3 ½ to minutes or until crispy (but not brown!).
Are you more of a fan of sweets? Then these rich and fudgy brownies will be the perfect combination of sweet and salty that you are looking for.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
10 ounces chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cocoa
2 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups crushed potato chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
3. In a small bowl, melt together butter, eight ounces of chocolate and sugar.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to flour mixture and stir.
5. Pour in chocolate butter mixture and stir.
6. Pour into baking pan and bake for 28-32 minutes
7. Drizzle remaining chocolate on top and top with potato chips.
You know all those crumbs that go to waste at the bottom of the potato chip bag? Well now you can use them to make delicious chicken fingers! You can even try them with different flavor potato chips to add a little kick to your chicken.
3 cups potato chips
1 tablespoon milk
2 chicken breasts cut into strips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make sure potato chips are crushed into small pieces and place into a shallow bowl.
3. Whisk together egg and milk in a bowl.
4. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper.
5. Dunk chicken into egg and milk mixture and roll in chip crumbs.
6. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping over chicken halfway through.
These aren’t just regular potato chips. These chips are full of cheesy goodness and taste so much better than any store bought ones.
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Thinly slice potatoes.
2. Soak potato slices in water for about 30 minutes to remove excess starch.
3. Heat vegetable oil in large pot on medium heat.
4. Working in small batches, add potatoes to the pot and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan, salt and pepper.
Since these chips are baked instead of fried, they are much healthier than regular potato chips. They make the perfect snack for when you want something salty!
Ingredients:2 large potatoes, peeled
3 tablespoons of olive, canola, or peanut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the potatoes as thin as possible and toss with oil.
3. Lightly season with salt and arrange on baking sheet. Then bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Transfer to cooling rack to maximize crispness and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
P.S. Not up for cooking...but still want to celebrate? We're obsessed with Cheez-it Grooves—and yes, we promise they're more chips than crackers! They come in four delish flavors (originl cheddar, sharp white cheddar, zesty cheddar ranch and hot and spicy cheddar) and are the perfect way to satisfy your chip craving.
Which recipe will you be trying for National Potato Chip Day? Let us know in the comments!
Photo credit: Pinterest.