FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Party popcorn with a BBQ kick
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning mix
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
8 cups air-popped popcorn
¼ cup clarified butter (helps prevent sogginess; may use regular melted butter)
1 teaspoon liquid smoke (find it in the barbecue sauces/condiments section of large grocery stores)
1. Combine brown sugar, Cajun seasoning mix, garlic powder,
onion powder and chili powder in a small bowl.
2. Melt ¼ cup butter. Cool slightly, then pour off the clear melted butter layer into a small bowl. Discard the opaque milky solids that remain behind.
3. Stir the liquid smoke into the butter.
4. Place popcorn in a large bowl, and drizzle it with butter mixture. Toss to coat the popcorn well.
5. Sprinkle sugar-seasoning mixture over popcorn and toss to distribute evenly.
6. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Photo Credit: Popcorn Board
ALL STAR | Kick some booty this year