FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Make these fab photo coasters for your mom
Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away and time is running out to find the perfect gift. If you’ve been procrastinating and still don’t know what to get for your mom, flaunt your crafting skills with this absolutely adorable and multifunctional DIY project that your mom will *definitely* love.
What you’ll need:
- Photo prints
- 4x4 ceramic tiles
- Mod Podge
- Sponge paint brush
- Clear acrylic finish spray
- Small adhesive felt circles
1. When it comes to picking your photos, you have two options. If you use square photos from Instagram, resize them on your computer to 3.75” x 3.75” and then trim 0.50” from the height of each photo once you print them out. If you choose to use regular photos, print them out 3.5” x 5” and then trim them down to 3.25” x 3.75”.
2. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge onto your tile and then place your photo on top. Make sure there are no bubbles or wrinkles, then paint another layer of Mod Podge over the top of the photo. Make sure to apply it in one or two fairly thick and even strokes to avoid ink running.
3. After the first layer of Mod Podge is dry, paint on another layer and let that dry completely.
4. Once your photo coasters are dry, spray them with clear acrylic finishing spray. Spray one thorough coat, let dry for about 15 minutes, then add another coat and let that dry.
5. The last step is to attach a little felt circle to each corner on the back of the tiles and then you’re done!
What gifts have you given your mom in the past? Let us know in the comments!
DIY project credit: One Good Thing By Jillee