AN HOUR AGO Bring summer camp to your kitchen with this recipe for s'mores bars: http://t.co/KiwKQgIIrS

2 HOURS AGO Feeling pressured by your BF? @carol_weston weighs in: http://t.co/ep8EtKNgT5

3 HOURS AGO Hey #DMV divas, snag stellar internship advice from GL on Aug 5 at the @InternQueen party in DC! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/lC3tGfESmN

COMMENTS

Get a Date: Hints on how to ask him out

You’ve had a crush on that cutie from your math class for weeks, and you really want to ask him to go out with you. But what’s...

Mod!
So there's this guy that I just started liking three days ago, but we're really good friends. He's actually a few months younger than me, but I don't really care about the age difference. The problem is that he just broke up with one of my really good friends about two weeks ago, but I didn't start liking him until a week and a half after that. I'm afraid that now is too soon for the two of us to start anything, but I really like him. But I can't tell if he likes me back. We talk a lot, we both like superheros, and I made him a friendship bracelet that he wears all the time. We also are both in band, and a while back he asked me to be in a sax trio with him, but like I said, we're really good friends, so I'm confused if he's flirting or just being a good friend. Sorry this is so complicated, but if it were easy, I'd probably have figured it out by now! Thanks (:

Hey hun, this does seem right on the borderline of friendship and flirting so the best thing to do is take it up a notch and see how he reacts...just check with your friend first so you don't hurt her feelings. Chances are she'll be fine with it! If he responds with more flirting, tell em how u feel. If he doesn't feel the same way back, at least you two still have a great friendship. Check this out for more help click here!

Jenn S.

by uconnbball on 1/18/2013 10:06:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I'm dating someone right now, but I am head over heels for my ex, and he likes me too. My crush is cuter than my bf, sweeter, and wants to hold hands. Should I dump my bf for him? I don't want to hurt him (and his sis rides my bus, she might be mean about it) but I reallllly like my crush. What should I do? This is a sticky situation!

Hey! I think it sounds like you want to dump your boyfriend, so you should. breaking up with someone isn't mean, it's honest. You're taking up time he could be spending looking for someone who really likes him by pretending you're more into him than you are. Do both of you a favor and just break the news gently. you can do it!

Helen S.

by peacelove13 on 1/17/2013 5:29:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ever since the beginning of school, I've liked this guy. Problem was, one of my BFFs was dating him. Now they broke up, and are just friends. He's in 3 of my classes, which is amazing! But I've started to like him more and more! We were lab partners in science, and talk sometimes in other classes. I always see him in the hallway, but am always to nervous to do anything but walk by!! I feel like he knows I like him, because I sometimes text him (got his # from my friend), and try to talk to him-- BUT IM TOO SHY! So, how do I know if he likes me back? He jokes around a lot and laughs with me sometimes, and texts me sometimes (only once texted me first)... I really want to ask him out, but I'm too shy and nervous like always :/ Do you think he likes me? or will ever ask me out? Thank you!!! Smile

Hey girlie, you might want to make the first move. Even if he does like you, he might be nervous about it since he used to date your friend. Just keep talking to him more. Texting is easy because you're not face to face so you can be a little braver that way.

Lauren T.

by animalgirl9 on 1/16/2013 8:01:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girl, just talk to her. Have a heart to heart and be completely honest with how you feel. That's really all you can do to get your points across to her so she'll understand where you're coming from.

lauren r.

by gleek18 on 1/13/2013 11:10:26 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Ok, so, i finally got a cell phone like around christmas, but when we went back to school (Tuesday), my science teacher confiscated my phone! I finally got my phone back on friday, but then my mom grounded me. So basically, I never get to text anybody and I really want to ask out my crush but I can't because he's not on FB or Twitter or anything. What do I do? Even when I get it back, I still need an idea of what we should actually do. Last time, I said we should go get doughnuts (there's a doughnut store within walking distance from my house) but he friendzoned me and once we got out the shop, we went and hung out with our friend Arielle. I need him to realize that its a date and I have no idea how. Sorry for the extra long post :/

Hey girl, maybe go to a movie or out for a bite to eat? Whatever gives you the most one on one time together! I think you could write a letter and put it in his locker? Or just ask him if he wants to hang out in person!

lauren r.

by emroxlol on 1/13/2013 4:55:40 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girl, well you should want to go to the dentist. I'm sure you're teeth will be fine. Just make sure that everyday you are brushing 3 times a day, flossing, and using mouth wash. Stay away from sodas, they are terrible for your teeth and bones. But you'll be fine, don't worry about it!
lauren r.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:17:08 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girl, no not necessarily. If you feel as if you should forgive them, you should! It just shows you're a better, bigger person.
lauren r.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:14:48 AM

mod mod mod

Hey girl,

If you are homeschooled maybe you could get to know some other people your age who live in your neighborhood or town. You could join a sports team at your local community center or try to spend time with people from your youth group. Some towns also have homeschooling groups of families where you can meet other kids and even go on field trips together. Ask your parents what is available in your area!

Meghan D.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:03:31 AM

mod mod mod what can help achyness?

Hey girl,

Maybe you could stretch the muscles that are hurting or use an ice pack. I would talk to a doctor or your parents if the pain is persistent though!

Meghan D.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/13/2013 1:02:14 AM

mod mod mod
everything i say here is confidential right?

Hey girlie,

The comments that are hidden are completely confidential and no one else will see them, but the ones you don't ask to be hidden or comments that aren't questions are visible to others who visit GirlsLife.com.

Meghan D.