1 HOURS AGO Which trendy print are you? http://t.co/ZNIaHQDOTy

2 HOURS AGO This sweetie shows that sometimes life really can be like the movies: http://t.co/5BF8G1XBso

3 HOURS AGO Is online dating NBD? http://t.co/8zbDRzPccm

COMMENTS

Wanna get buff? Start here

When your regular workout routine gets old, it’s way too easy to start skipping sweat seshes. This year, bust that excuse with a li’l help...

MOD MOD MOD What are some ways for me to get in shape for soccer? I ran about a mile yesterday and 2 miles today... are there any runs I can do on the treadmill or weight things to do? Like situps, lunges, weight lifting? Thankssss(:

Hey girlie! I'm not a soccer player myself, but it sounds like you've got a good start. I would recommend adding some sit-ups, squats, and maybe some stretches for flexibility - and also checking with your coach or a trainer to see what they would advise. Good luck!
Florence N.

by GoofyBall246 on 3/28/2013 9:01:32 PM

so my preseason for track just started and i'm really determined to good this year. so far i've been running like 2 miles and lifting weights and honestly in the past week, ive noticed i'm sleeping better and have had more energy and i've been less likely to eat junk food/larger portions. the only thing is when i go to workouts, the people i run w/ are either just a bit too fast for my pace or wayyy too slow. i like to run with another person so i can talk, but it's frustrating to run alone all the time. do you have any tips i can use to cope/possibly get up to the speed of the faster kids? also where can i find a good sports bra...i have bigger boobs, and it can be awkward when i'm running w/ guys, since some kinda poke fun at me for it (they don't hurt my feeling or anything. they're just my immature buddies who try to make me laugh-even if its not in the nicest way!) thanks!

hey! 1) try timing yourself when you run and set goals. as time goes on your speed will improve as long as you keep practicing 2) Underarmor is a great brand to try i hear. good luck to you girl!

Helen S.

by iheartu? on 2/28/2013 5:27:56 PM

I'm sixteen and have never been skinny. I'm at the heaviest that i've ever been at (161) and the smallest i was 125 when i was twelve and that was because when i was 11 i got really sick, and lost alot of weight. my doctor got really worried, and i had to gain weight. i really want to wear a bikini this summer, and want a flat stomach (mines kinda puffy) i know im not over weight and i eat pretty healthy though i love sweets, i dont exercise much because i dont really get the chance. im homeschooled and dont have access to a gym. any advice?
X. Rae

Hey girl! Okay my number one tip is to drink plenty of water. It seems counter intuitve, but the less water you drink, the more water weight you have. It's because if you don't drink a lot of water, your body is afraid it won't get enough water, so it holds onto everything, making you bloated and slightly puffy. By drinking plenty of water (8 to 10 cups a day) you'll flush out all the H2O your bod is trying to hold onto. Also, try to exercise! You don't have to go to a gym. try online workout vids, renting DVDs at the library, or going on a run or walk.

xoxo

Katie L.

by butterflygirl14 on 2/27/2013 1:39:02 PM

So this march volleyball is starting and I am out of shape do have any advice to get in shape

Hey winkpc101, check out our HEALTH&FITNESS page for some tips. We've got lots of great articles!! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by winkpc101 on 2/15/2013 6:42:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am 15 years old and I know I weigh to much. Any good ideas for workouts that don't require snow?

Hey girlie, you can do any workout without snow. YouTube is a great place to start. You can find all kinds of different workout videos that are fun and burn calories and build muscle.

Lauren T.

by ssunshine13 on 1/27/2013 5:45:07 PM

How can you loose thigh fat fast> THX

Hey girlie, cardio workouts are your best place to start. Something like running or a brisk walk will help tone up your thighs and help you lose weight everywhere. Another good exercise for you thigh muscles is squat. When you tone them up and build new muscle, you'll burn more fat.

Lauren T.

by ida_ghohestani on 1/23/2013 7:39:41 PM

I ride my bike all the time in the summer. In the winter I can't. It gets really cold, so I hate going outside. What are some indoor workouts to keep fit... but are fun, too? Also, how do I get less lethargic in the winter?

Hey girlie,

If you have stairs in your house, you could run up and down them! You can also do pushups and situps, jump roping and yoga or pilates indoors. If you want to be less lethargic, make sure you are getting enough sleep and eating enough veggies!

Meghan D.

by puella94 on 1/21/2013 8:37:04 PM

I've been doing this 5X a week along with P.E. at school and it's a really good routine.

by xlllx on 1/19/2013 12:17:44 AM

I'm 12 (will be 13 in February), 5'4 and I weigh 120. Am I overweight for my age and size?

Hey Lovekatniss123, nope girly you're completely fine! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Lovekatniss23 on 1/18/2013 5:41:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm 14 I'm 5'0" and I only weigh 85lbs. I'm a vegetarian (my doctor makes sure I have enough protein) and I want to work out to have stronger core and toned legs and arms but I'm afraid if I work out I'll lose weight. If anything, I want to gain weight so what are some good exercises that'll make me gain muscle weight in those areas. I basically want to be fit, not short and skinny like I am. Thanks Smile

Helen S.