Make your own wickedly cool candied apple!
Tired of boring noms being tossed into your trick-or-treat bag? Overhaul your Halloween with scary goodness that tastes as magical as it looks. We know what you’re thinking: a snack this snazzy probably takes forever to make, but this wicked sweet treat is all yours in just four simple steps.
What you'll need:
- Apples (the number of apples is totally up to you!)
- 1 bag of assorted Jolly Ranchers (3.75lb bag is best)
- Edible glitter
- Popsicle sticks
- Medium size pot
- Large tray
1. Grab one 3.75 lb bag of assorted Jolly Ranchers, then melt them in a pot at 350 degrees.
2. While the candy is melting, rinse apples and plunge a popsicle stick through the top of the apple (next to the stem).
3. Once the candy has completely melted, dip each apple into the syrupy liquid and arrange each dipped apple into rows (with the stick up) on a large tray.
4. Before the apple’s harden, sprinkle on edible glitter for that oh-so mystical effect!