The best fat burning workout you'll ever do (in under 30 minutes)
Just in time for spring break, here’s a speedy approach to exercise that’ll get you ticker in tip-top shape. “With High Intensity Interval Training (HITT), you push yourself hard for one minute, then bring the intensity down for one minute, then start all over again for a 30-minute cycle,” says Beth Novick, an Olney, MD-based personal trainer . “The best part is, you control just how hard and how easy you want to go.”
Bonus: Intervals have also proven to increase endurance and blast away fat three times faster than steady cardio. Here’s a workout that’ll really get your heart racing.
30 minute HIIT Workout:
- Hop on a treadmill or elliptical (don’t have access to machines? Hit the track, instead).
- Minutes 1 to 5: Walk or jog easy
- Minute 6: Intensity level 6
- Minute 7: Intensity level 9
- Minute 8: Intensity level 7
- Minute 9: Intensity level 9
- Minute 10: Intensity level 7
- Continue cycle until Minute 25
- Cooldown for 5 minutes
So what did you think, girlie? Did that workout totally kick your butt? Share in the comments below.