Freeze! These fruit infused pops are our new favorite treat
Just because you're sweet tooth is cravin' doesn't mean you have to blow your diet. There are better ways to satisfy those urges in a natural way. After all, sometimes those store-bought treats, though awesome, are not exactly healthy for ya—that’s why we scoured the internet for a yummy and healthy pop option that would fufill all your dessert time needs.
These popsicles are super easy to make, plus, they're so good, you can go ahead and have two, or even three. Hey, you gotta get your fix somewhere, right?
- 2 small ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1½ cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 10 Dixie cups
- 10 Popsicle sticks
1. Peel your bananas and break them up into 2-inch pieces.
2. Throw the pieces into your blender along with the frozen strawberries, Greek yogurt and honey.
3. Blend everything together on puree mode and make sure no chunks are left.
4. Taste the mixture and add additional honey for added sweetness (if needed).
5. Grab your Dixie cups and lay them out on your tray. Then, pour the mixture into each cup leaving about 1-inch from the top of the cup to the mixture.
6. Add in a popsicle stick into the middle of each cup and place the tray in your freezer. Allow the cups to freeze overnight or at least 8 hours.
7. Once the cups and mixture are completely frozen, get ready to enjoy your pops!
Do you enjoy fruit pops? Have you ever made your own? Share in the comments below.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: people.com