This healthy shamrock smoothie is *everything*
Here at GL, we love a good theme––and if St. Patrick's Day is a way to motivate us to eat more green things, we're all for it! This year, we're celebrating the Irish holiday with a green shamrock smoothie made with the perf blend of fresh fruit and yogurt. It's super creamy, just the right amount of sweet, and adorably garnished with a shamrock kiwi. This recipe makes two large smoothies (or one super super size)––so you can share if you want to, but it's so tasty that you just may want to keep it all to yourself. Good luck!
5 ripe kiwis
10 large green grapes (seedless)
1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
2 cups of almond milk, cocunut milk or regular milk
3 tablespoons of raw honey
Handful of ice
A shamrock cookie cutter (if you don't have one, that's OK)
1. Peel kiwis and bananas and cut into small slices.
2. Rinse grapes and cut them in half.
3. Take the sliced grapes, kiwis and bananas and throw into the blender.
4. Add 1/2 a cup of plain greek yogurt into the mix.
5. Pour in about 2 cups of coconut milk, almond milk OR regular milk into the blender. If you want your smoothie to be less thick, blend and add your liquid little by little until it is the consistency you like.
6. Drizzle in 3 tablespoons of raw honey.
7. Throw in a handful of ice, then finish blending the mixture all together. Be sure all chunks are gone before pouring.
8. Take the extra kiwi, peel it and slice into larger pieces. Then take your shamrock cookie cutter and slice pieces out of the kiwi. Pour your mixture into your cup and top it with your shamrock kiwi. If you don't have a shamrock cookie cutter, just throw a slice of kiwi at the top of your shake for some added garnish.
9. Drink up!
What's your fave St. Patty's Day treat? Share in the comments below.