In the News
Yikes! How to stay safe when Hurricane Sandy hits
5 things to do while you still have power…
- Plug all of your devices into surge protectors so they are fully charged and ready to go if and when the power goes off.
- Make sure you know where your supplies are. Things like flashlights, batteries, candles and matches are not fun to search for in the dark
- Write down important numbers, including your area’s non-emergency police numbers, numbers for insurance companies, AAA, your doctor and your veterinarian and power companies
- Check in with neighbors and friends to make sure everyone you know is OK and has everything they need to weather the storm
- Make yourself and your parents or guardians aware of evacuation procedures and shelter locations, just in case
4 things to do when the storm gets bad…
- Stay inside
- Close blinds and drapes and stay away from windows
- Unplug electronics that aren’t plugged into surge protectors
- Leave one lamp on, so that if your power goes out, you’ll know when it’s been restored
3 things not to do when your power goes out…
- Don’t open your refrigerator or freezer unless you have to
- Don’t go outside. Don’t go puddle jumping. Don’t touch downed wires.
- Don’t freak out. Everything is going to be fine.
POSTED IN In the Newsjump to comments