Beauty babe travel tips for girls-on-the-go
Just ‘cause you’re on the road (or in the air) doesn’t mean you hafta sacrifice your beauty regimen. Sure, space is tight when you’re living out of a suitcase, but we’ve got six must-bring products for when you’re away from home. Read on!
Lookin’ fly up in the air
1. Try tying your hair into two braids during long flights. After you land, untie your hair and comb through with fingers. Voila: instant waves! To maintain this effortless style, scrunch your hair with some styling wax. We recommend Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Paste Wax. This 99% naturally-derived formula gives you 24-hour definition without stickiness, silicones, dyes, or parabens.
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Paste Wax, $4, walmart.com
2. Did you know skin needs at least 40% humidity to be healthy and hydrated? Alarmingly, the humidity in an airplane is only 8%! Our tip? Try not to wear a lot of makeup to prevent emphasizing dry skin flakies during and after the flight. Better yet, use the extra hours to moisturize your skin with a creamy lotion. This one is formulated especially for gals with sensitive skin and girlies prone to clogged pores (which lead to breakouts!).
Olay Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin, $9, drugstore.com
3. Finally, bring wet wipes to keep your hands and face clean: Airplanes are germ-ridden! We recommend antibacterial wipes over hand sanitizer because the ethanol in hand sanitizer might be drying and harsh on your skin in an airplane environment.
Wet Ones Big Ones Moist Citrus Scent Antibacterial Wipes, $3, walmart.com
Lookin’ cool cruising in the car
1. It’s nice to enjoy a long catnap while mom or dad is driving, but it’s terrible waking up with dry-as-a-desert eyes! These drops will help soothe those irritated eyes and protect against dryness throughout the rest of your day. Not only will you feel more comfortable, but your eyes will look shiny and sparkly!
Murine Tears Lubricant Eye Drops for Dry Eyes, $4, amazon.com
2. Bring an eyelash curler. After sleeping, your droopy lashes will long for a much-needed lift. If you don’t want to carry an eyelash curler with you, try putting your index fingers up against your lashes and gently push those lashes up for a temporary hold to help you look more awake.
3. If you’re still sleepy from the car ride, try patting a highlighter shade to “trick” others into thinking you look bright-eyed and awake! Use white eyeliner on your lower lash line to make your eyes appear larger and refreshed.
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil, $4, drugstore.com
Loved this post? You’ll heart these, too!