Three (pink!) snacks for Valentine's Day
It's a no-brainer that on V-Day you give chocolate, get chocolate and eat chocolate! It's also obvi that pink and red are THE colors of the month. Want a dish that's way more unique than a box of chocolates? These delish pink treats make your V-Day oh-so-sweet!
Very Berry Parfait
Parfait is probably one of the easiest snacks to make… and they’re healthy!
What You’ll Need:Standard 16 oz clear (glass or plastic) cup
1 cup of plain yogurt
¼ cup of granola
¼ cup of strawberries
¼ cup of raspberries
¼ cup of any kind of pink or red fruit that fits V-Day! (i.e. pomegranate, cranberries, etc.)
What You’ll Do:1. Scoop half of the yogurt into your cup.
2. Start to put in your fruits and granola in whatever order you want them to be. Think of it as layering them or making a pattern.
3. On top of the fruit, add the rest of the yogurt.
4. (Optional) decorate the top by making a heart or writing your BF’s (or your BFF’s!) initials with some of your berries.
*Makes one serving
Crazy for the Crans!
You know blueberry pancakes and chocolate pancakes? Well, for Cupid’s Day, change it up to cranberry pancakes!
What You’ll Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of sugar
½ teaspoons of salt
2 large eggs
1½ cups of milk
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of diced cranberries
What You’ll Do:
1. Mix the dry ingredients together. (Flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.)
2. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk, and butter.
3. Add steps 1 and 2 together
4. Mix the cranberries in.
4. Pour batter out in small circles in greased pan over medium heat.
4. Cook until the edges of the pancake are slightly brown. Then, flip the pancake and brown the other side.
5. Once cooked, pancakes may be topped with additional cranberries, whipped cream or syrup.
*Makes 4 servings and can be used with any fruit.
Shaking it with the Strawberries
A good, hearty strawberry shake is something that can get anyone going on V-Day morning!
What You’ll Need:
1 cup of strawberries
1 cup of plain vanilla yogurt
1 cup of milk
What You’ll Do:1. Blend all ingredients in blender.
2. Top with one whole strawberry to give it point.