10 story starters to get ya goin'
1. Your main character (who hates bouquets) gets a mysterious flower delivery…
2. Include these four elements in a story: a charm bracelet, a dirty boot, a taxi, a bonfire
3. Your main character is a super villain who’s finally been outfoxed. What’s his next move?
4. Tell a fairytale from Prince Charming’s point-of-view.
5. Your main character is a baby who can’t talk, but observes everything going on—including a nefarious plot to steal Grandma’s diamond ring! How does she save the day?
6. Tell a story from the point-of-view of a robin.
7. Include these four locations in a story: A boy’s locker room, a speak easy, an attic, a tree house
8. Start a story with this first line: It was an ordinary day, until Jen found a pile of letters addressed to Mr. Greene in her mailbox.
9. Your main character works in an ice cream parlor. Scooping ice cream’s a breeze—it’s her boss and his bizarre rules that are the problem…
10. Start here: Your main character discovers a fantastical creature in her closet. What happens next?
Stuck on a work in progress? NaNoWriMo’s Young Writer’s Program is packed with writing dares to get ya writing again.
Wanna get wacky? Try Story Starter, a website that randomly generates story ideas in seconds.
Love this post? You’ll heart these, too!