The busy girl's guide to making time to work out
Whether your sched is super slammed between school and extracurrics *or* you're just one of those girls who uses "too busy" as an excuse not to be active, there are plenty of ways to make time and stay motivated. If you're one of the above, follow our tips to up your exercise.
1. Wake up early. Get an early start to your day and hit the gym, go for a walk or a bike ride before school. This will help to energize yourself for the day.
2. Get in a routine. Plan out your day the night before. Know what you're going to have for breakfast, what exercise you're going to do, when you're going to shower, etc. Having a set routine is easier to stick to than winging it.
3. Eat a healthy diet. This might not seem relevant but including enough protein, vegetables/fruit and healthy fats and carbs in your diet is important to having energy to work out and build muscle. You can squeeze in more nutrition by upgrading your afterschool snack—make a smoothie with Greek yogurt, eat a couple of slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter or chow down on carrots or celery dipped in hummus.
4. Bring a friend with you to workout. Exercising with your bestie will not only be a great bonding opp for the two of you but it will also hold you accountable. It's a lot harder to skip a workout if it means cancelling on your best friend.
5. Get inspired. Pick someone to look up to as a role model (your fave athlete, that yogi you follow on Insta, your mom, etc.). Just remember that comparison can be dangerous, too—you are your own person with a unique body and trying *too* much to be like someone else isn't healthy.
6. Create goals for yourself. Jot down what you want to accomplish in a list and brainstorm some new workouts that you want to try. Crossing off goals as you achieve them will keep you motivated and proud of yourself.
7. Make time for it outside, or inside your home. Everyone gets busy, but when it comes down to it, you just have to find time. Even setting aside 15-30 minutes will do your bod wonders.
How do you make time for exercise? Share your tips in the comments!
Photo credit: Instagram.