FAB UP YOUR LIFE
This breakfast is *guaranteed* to make your morning better
Calling all Nutella lovers!! If you’re obsessed with the chocolate and hazelnut goodness, you need to try this pancake recipe. Whether you’re hosting a slumber party, having a relaxing Sunday with your family or you’re just in the mood for something sweet, mornings just got a whole lot better with these Nutella explosion pancakes. They taste amazing and they’re so easy to make!
The easiest way to get the Nutella perfectly spread throughout the pancake is to spread disks of Nutella onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Stick the cookie sheet into the freezer for at least 1 hour (or overnight) before making your pancakes.
For the traditional pancake batter, feel free to use a boxed mix to make this recipe even easier. But, if you’re brave enough to take a few more steps, we’ve got you covered.
If you’re using a boxed mix, all you will need is:
• The ingredients listed on the back of the box
If you want to make your pancake batter from scratch, here’s what you’ll need:
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 1/4 cups whole milk
• 1 egg
• 3 tablespoons butter melted
The whole process is super easy, so don’t be nervous about trying to make them look perfect! This recipe is fail-proof.
For Nutella disks:
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon about 1 - 2 tablespoons of Nutella onto the cookie sheet and spread evenly into a disk. Aim to make around 7 - 10 disks.
2. Place baking sheet into the freezer for at least 1 hour, or until set and firm. (Or overnight!)
For Pancake Batter:
1. Heat butter in microwave for about 30 seconds or until melted
2. In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, flower, salt and baking powder until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together milk and egg.
4. Pour the melted butter and milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. The mixture should be slightly thick and lumpy; however, all ingredients should be incorporated.
5. Allow the batter to rest while heating an oiled skillet or griddle on medium high heat.
1. Peel Nutella disks off of the parchment paper and keep chilled until you are ready to assemble the pancakes.
2. Spoon 2 ½ - 3 tablespoons of pancake batter onto your heated pan and flatten out.
3. Place one disk of Nutella on top of the batter.
4. Spoon another 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of pancake batter on top, covering the Nutella disk completely.
5. Once the pancake starts to bubble, it’s ready to flip!
6. Repeat until all of the pancakes have been made.
With this recipe, anyone can feel like a professional chef. They’re so easy to make but will definitely impress any guest that comes along! Feel free to top with strawberries, raspberries or whip cream to add a fresh flavor. This twist on the traditional pancake is sure to leave you drooling.
What’s your favorite pancake topping?
Photo credit: Google