FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Try these *delectable* raspberry lemon macarons
Macarons are a delicacy that make us feel fancy just by holding one. Give these delcicious and totally Instagrammable treats a try.
- 110 grams almond flour
- 200 grams confectioner's sugar
- 10 grams freeze-dried fruit powder, plus more for decorating
- 100 grams egg whites, room temperature
- 50 grams white granulated sugar
- food coloring paste
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- Confectioner's sugar, about 2 cups
1. Sift the flour into the bowl. Discard any large pieces that didn't pass through.
2. For the berry flavor in this recipe, place the berries into a food processor, pulse for a few seconds and sift through a fine mesh strainer.
3. Place egg whites into mixer bowl and add sugar. Turn your mixer on high and whisk until stiff peaks form. (turn the bowl over, egg whites should not move).
4. Sift the flour, confectioner's sugar and fruit powder into a large bowl.
5. Gradually fold the flour into the egg whites. The mixture should be not too thick or too thin and should fall off of your spatula in a ribbon.
6. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 300F.
7. Transfer batter into a pastry bag tipped with a round tip. If you have the time, you can draw circles on the back of the parchment paper to use as guides. Otherwise, just freehand it.
8. Pipe onto your parchment paper. Tap pan multiple times to release any air bubbles. Then, let pan stand for 1 hour (very important, do not skip this step) to form a thin film over the top.
9. Bake cookies 15 minutes.
10. Once you take the cookies out, let them stand for a few minutes before removing them. Let them cool completely before filling.
11. For filling: Fluff butter in stand mixer. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, cognac and confectioner's sugar until buttercream is the right consistency. Pipe onto one cookie, top with another.
What's your favorite dessert or treat to fulfill your sweet tooth cravings? Let us know in the comments!
Like this? You'll love these, too...
+ 8 signs your crush is actually bae
+ 10 things *every* beauty queen needs in her room
+ Have you tried Kendall Jenner's ab workout yet?
Recipe credit: Tatyana's Everyday Food.