FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Sugar cookies *and* sprinkles? Don't mind if we do!
Sugar cookies on their own would be enough for us. They’re super sweet, perfectly crumbly and easy to make...so there isn’t much to dislike about them. But we found a recipe that takes the classic cookie to a *whole* new level.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Food coloring
1. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whip together the softened butter and sugar until it is smooth. Then, add the eggs, vanilla, and combine.
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture a bit at a time. Combine until there's no chunks, then cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for approximately one hour. (Longer is alright as well, but no less.)
4. Once your dough is chilled, divide it into two separate bowls. In one of the bowls, knead in the food coloring. Lightly flour a surface and then roll each bowl of dough to about ¼ thickness.
5. Using a pastry brush, apply a small amount of water to the colored dough. Transfer the uncolored dough on top of the colored dough. Starting with the wider ends you’ll want to start rolling the dough up.
6. Sprinkles time! Brush a little bit of water on the dough (not too much or it will mess with the consistency of the sprinkles), and spread some sprinkles out onto the surface you’re using (like your kitchen counter). Roll the log of dough over the surface and continue until the entire outside is covered.
7. Refrigerate for one hour, then cut the dough into rounds that are ¼ thick. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes, and then enjoy warm from the oven.
Do you like sugar cookies? Let us know your fave sweet treat below!