FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Spaghetti and Meatball Tacos
1 lb. spaghetti
28 oz. can of tomato puree
1 boxed Ortega Taco Dinner Kit (with two packets of taco seasoning)
1 lb. ground turkey
A sprinkle of garlic powder
1 cup water
Shredded Monterey jack cheese
1. Boil one pound of spaghetti. Drain and said aside.
2. To make the sauce, add a packet of Ortega taco sauce seasoning to your can of pureed tomatoes. Mix ‘em together in a saucepan over medium-low heat, add a pinch of salt, pepper, cumin and coriander to taste, and let it simmer.
3. Toss the spaghetti with the sauce.
3. For the meatballs, mix the ground turkey with a sprinkle of garlic powder and pinches of salt, pepper, cumin and coriander in a large bowl. Use your hands—yup, gotta get messy—to shape ‘em into cute little balls a smidge smaller than a quarter.
4. In a saucepan with oil over medium-low heat, sauté your meatballs until they are slightly brown on the outside. Finish cooking them in a mixture of one cup of water and one packet of Ortega taco seasoning.
5. Once the meatballs are cooked through—you can break one apart to see if they’re done—it’s time to assemble.
6. You can use hard or soft taco shells, but Jayne likes the crunch the hard shells supply. Start with a layer of spaghetti, then a sprinkling of shredded cheese. Top it off with three meatballs.
Jayne adds salsa and homemade guacamole to her tacos, but like any recipe, you can pile on what ya love and leave off what ya loathe. Yum! Thanks, Jayne!