FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Make a cute tote out of a T-shirt *without* sewing
Spring is here and that means we are cleaning out our closets to make room for summer clothes and boxing up our winter stuff to put in storage. You are probably finding clothes that you haven’t worn in an entire year, especially T-shirts. Sure you could donate them, but this fun DIY is all about repurposing those shirts and making them into fun tote bags you can carry around all summer. Bonus: You don't even have to know how to sew!
What you’ll need:
- An old t-shirt
- Washable black marker
1. Cut the sleeves off.
2. Turn the shirt inside out.
3. Use the marker to trace how big you want the opening of your bag to be (could trace around a bowl) and then cut out the neckline.
3. Draw a straight line at how deep you want the bag to be.
4. Cut fringe from the bottom of the shirt to the line. Make sure to cut the front and back layers together so they match up. Your cuts should be about 3/4 to 1 inch apart.
5. Tie the front and back pieces of fringe together tightly.
6. Turn the shirt right side out.
For more in-depth directions and pictures click here.
Do you clean out your closet in the spring? Let us know in the comments below!
Like this? You'll love these, too...
+ Meet the geode hair trend that's about to be everywhere
+ 11 stylish unicorn products that will make every girl feel magical
+ Break these 5 habits to be a happier person