FAB UP YOUR LIFE
DIY this adorable rainbow wreath for St. Patrick's Day
What could be more festive for St. Patrick’s Day than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? It might not lead you to real riches, but this wreath might at least bring you good luck. And even if it does none of those things, it will still be a super cute decoration for the holiday!
What you’ll need:
- Styrofoam wreath
- Measuring tape
- Yarn in all the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) and a lighter or darker shade of green yarn
- Paint brushes
- Black and gold paint
- Gold spray paint
- Fake coins
- Mini terracotta pot
- Hot glue gun
1. Paint your terracotta pot gold on the inside and black on the outside.
2. Spray paint your coins gold.
3. Measure about 28 inches around your wreath and then measure out six even sections within that. Mark all your sections with a pen.
4. Glue down the end of the red yarn and then wrap it around the wreath until you finish the first section then glue down the end. Do the same thing with all the other colors until you have filled each of the six sections.
5. Using your second shade of green, make pom poms using a fork. Watch the tutorial below for how to make them.
6. Glue the pot to the middle of the unwrapped section of the wreath then fill the rest of the unwrapped section with pom poms.
7. Make 3 larger pom poms with yellow yarn and glue them to the bottom of the pot.
8. Fill the rest of the pot by gluing your gold coins to look like the pot is overflowing.
Does your fam decorate the house for St. Patrick's Day? If so, what's your fave decoration? Is it a DIY?