FAB UP YOUR LIFE
Go green with these DIY St. Patrick's Day candle holders
St. Patrick's Day is coming up next month and it's the *perfect* excuse to cover everything in green and glitter. Really, how else do you attract leprechauns? Liven up your room with this fun and easy St. Patty's Day craft!
What you'll need:
- Pint mason jars
- Green transparent glass stain
- Mod Podge glue
- Gold glitter
- Self adhesive vinyl
1. Tint your mason jar. Do this by squirting a little bit of the glass stain on the bottom. Swirl it around until the entire inside of the jar is covered. Turn the jar upside down (over a paper plate) to get rid of any excess stain.
2. Let dry for two to three hours. In the meantime, cut out shamrocks (from this template) on the self-adhesive vinyl. Remember, you're using the vinyl as a stencil. The glitter will only stick to the jar!
3. Place the adhesive vinyl however you want to on your jar. Next, add a coat of Mod Podge to the glass (wherever you want to apply glitter). Sprinkle gold glitter over the area and shake off any excess.
4. Carefully peel off the stencil (before the glue dries). Let dry for 24 hours before putting a tealight or electric candle inside.
You can find the original DIY here.
How do you and your family celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Let us know in the comments!