2 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

6 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

7 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

10 things stressing you out this summer--and how to not let 'em get to you

Being an easy, breezy summer babe is no laughing matter! Sure, summer is supposed to be the chillest time of the year…but try telling that...

mod mod mod
can mods delete clubs? If so can you do me a favor and delete my Beauty Facts club?

Hey Chloe<3, to delete your club send brittany@girlslife.com an email explaining why. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by Chloe<3 on 6/11/2013 7:16:17 PM

mod mod mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay, so i kinda need help with something weird. i really want an iphone. my parents just keep saying that i have to "earn" it. yet every time i do something they say "your just doing that for the stupid phone you want" which isn't true! most times i'm just trying to help out with my family! its getting really annoying because my mom just got the iphone 5 and my dad is getting on tomorrow. i even told them that i would be okay with having the old iphone 4 that my mom upgraded from. still they say no that i have to earn something like that. i don't get it because i got good grades all year and i'm well-behaved. please help!

Hey girlie, ask them what you have to do to earn it. If you have a real discussion and put together a plan for you to earn it, then you and your parents will have a better understanding.

Lauren T.

by To_Infinity_And_Beyond on 6/10/2013 8:14:45 PM

MOD
I just finished my freshman year of high school and I think I've accomplished quite a bit so far. The only thing is that I'm moving to a new school in another state this summer. I am incredibly shy and socially awkward... even at my current school! It took my the whole year to make some friends and I just started sitting with one of them at lunch a couple of weeks before school let out. They say "Just go introduce yourself" or "Just start talking to people" but it's not that easy. I know I do well in the academic aspects of high school (I've had the highest GPA in all of my class three years in a row) but socializing is just so hard for me.

Hey girlie, you have to be confident and outgoing. Even if you're not really that way naturally, just fake it and you'll get more comfortable reaching out to people. Talk to people when you're sitting in class next to them. Find someone to sit with and talk to on the bus. I know it's hard, and it might feel uncomfortable, but you'll be proud that you've accomplished something socially.

Lauren T.

by sonnet on 6/10/2013 7:35:03 PM

I hate summer homework projects

by myfatsquirrel on 6/10/2013 6:29:39 PM

Summer always sorta stresses me out because it's a big change and I don't do so well with changes and endings. It takes a bit of getting used to, not being at school and seeing everyone every day (which honestly I kinda prefer).

by maggie183 on 6/10/2013 6:12:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod
So school ends on the 18th and my BFF is moving an hour away from me!!!!! She isn't going to be here the last two days of school. We can still FaceTime and text each other but it won't be the same... What do I do!!!! I also want to give her a gift before she goes. What are some things I can give her ( I only make ifts for people). Without her I'm pretty shy and I don't know what to do about that either...
Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Hey girlie, it won't be quite the same, but an hour isn't too far away. You can still see her on weekends and have sleepovers sometimes. You could decorate a picture frame with a picture of the two of you. Or you could make her a mix CD of songs that you both love. You'll make new friends and be ok without her. Maybe being without her will give you a chance to come out of your shell and be less shy.

Lauren T.

by Heyheyheyz on 6/10/2013 5:54:50 PM

Thx GL I really needed this!!

by Ralinia on 6/10/2013 3:11:37 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod when school starts i will be in middle school and we switch classes and have to change clothes for gym and it is so different from elementary school so i am really nervous please help

Hey girl!

It's totally normal to be nervous for middle school. Changing in the locker room will feel a little uncomfortable at first, but everyone has to change there, so it won't feel awkward for long. Just remember, everyone else will be nervous and excited to start a new year too!

Best of luck xo

Jess D.

by girly girl07 on 6/10/2013 12:25:03 PM

mod mod mod
hi. so I really want contacts, cause I hate glasses, but my parents won't let me because they say its too much, but they cost less than my glasses! I look prettier without glasses, and I am responsible, but they still won't let me. I don't have an older sister or brother who went through this, because I am the oldest. its not fair that I cannot get them. my dad got Lasik, and my mom got contacts when she was 13/14. I am 12, but I think I should be able to get them. can you help? thanks in advance, fia.

Hey girl!

Try asking your parents about a trial set of contacts to see if they work for you. Some brands might even offer free trials. That way you're not replacing your glasses all together, and you can get a feel for contact lenses before committing to a year prescription. The best way to convince your parents is to approach them maturely with your interest in contacts (and be sure not to use the "not fair" card, because that prob won't help!). Good luck!

Jess D.