7 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

11 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

12 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

What to do when your parents are worried about something big

Usually, it’s you who’s freaking 24/7. But when it’s Mom and Dad? Well, that’s a whole other ball game. There’s something unsettling about your normally...

MODMODMOD
So last year I had absolutely no brain and I made up this invisible family and wrote papers having to do with it. Well I hid them in a textbook that I had to return to school. That textbook went missing, but today my mom found it. With ALL the papers. Now I'm soooo embarrassed. My mom wont get off my back about them. Plus, what if a paper stayed in there and is at the school?!?!?!?!? This is one of the worst embarrassing moments of my life. How do I deal??? Please answer, I really need help. Thnx

Hey girl, I think the best way to deal with it is A. that's pretty creative, so give yourself creative writing props! B. if you regret, pretend it was a dare or a joke with a friend?

lauren r.

by ashbabe567765 on 6/23/2013 2:45:07 AM

This article is just what I needed thanks so much GL!!!!!

by ArianaKatFan on 5/8/2013 7:50:19 PM

MOD MOD MODERATOR
Hey! I'm 15 almost 16, and my dad is overweight. I've wanted him to lose weight for a while but he hasn't. I love exercising and eating healthy, so I want my habits to rub off on him. How can I help him without being rude or pushy? I know he wants to lose weight, he just doesn't know how. HELP! Thanks Smile.

Try inviting him to work out with you next time you're both free. It would be a great chance to get closer and would give you a chance to give him a crash course in being healthy. Maybe you guys will even make it a regular thing! xoxo Allie

Allie S.

by gigilove321 on 5/1/2013 7:07:05 PM

my parents hide it when they are stressed ...
if they ever do get stressed

by pandasrock292 on 4/15/2013 8:29:40 PM

what exactly is a church youth group? My mom was telling me the church we go to
has one do you have to sign up for it?

Hey girl, church youth groups and their activities vary by church.  Ask your mom to explain to you what it is and what they do.  She'll be able to answer your question.

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 4/15/2013 11:49:18 AM

iv been feeling really bad
im 15 and homeschooled because I have a mild case of asbergers so its harder for me to be around too much people anyway my sisters finances daughter whos 15 im one year older is going to prom I know this sounds terrible but I cant help but be jelous I cant go to prom because im homeschooled and im not trying to be mean but shes not the prettiest girl shes kind of chubby thats not all though shes already had like 3 bfs I have never had a bf before that really bugs me but its harder for me to meet guys cause im so shy I know it should not bother me but it does
her personality is really loud and obnoxious so it makes me wonder why a guy would want to date her I know this sounds bad what should I do I mean how can I not feel this way? I feel jelous and I hate it

Hey redvelvetluv, allow yourself to feel this way. We can't help the emotions we experience, and it's better to get them out then to leave them bottled up. If I were you, I'd feel a little jealous too, but you have to remember that what is for you, will be for you. So she's had 3 bfs, and is going to prom. That doesn't make you any less cooler, just different. Have you ever thought of maybe joining a club where you could meet people? Not a big one, but something small with people your own age. You could try something like a dance class or a sewing class. That way you could meet other kids, and wouldn't feel like you were missing out on anything. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 4/14/2013 7:30:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girl, I am TERRIBLY sorry! You need to talk to someone. Talk to your school's guidance counselor first and explain the situation to her. Tell her you really aren't sure what to do. They're trained to help with these situations and will help A LOT. Although you need to make sure you do tell the truth to your mom. Talk to her when your Dad isn't home just one on one. Good luck girl. It will be okay!
lauren r.

by bunnyboo2224 on 4/13/2013 2:34:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Today i just found out I'm moving to NYC from Wisconsin. I've lived here for 9 years and it's going to be really hard to say goodbye to everything. I'm going to move this summer and be in New York for a month before school starts. I'll have to go to a new school for 8th grade, and then switch schools again for high school a year later. I'm really scared, and I kind of have 2 questions. 1. How do I tell everyone (my friends and stuff) I'm moving? and 2. How do I make new friends in New York?
Thanks for your help Smile

Hey girlie,

I know it will be really tough, but maybe you will like Wisconsin, too! There might be classes or clubs there that you don't have at your current school, and you'll definitely make tons of new friends Smile Maybe you could tell all of your friends at lunch or at a get-together that you arrange about the news, or have a going away party when you leave. And once you are at your new school, you could introduce yourself to girls at lunch or in clubs after school to get to know them better. I'm sure once you're there it won't be awkward to talk to them, and they'll want to get to know you, too! And there are tons of fun things to do in New York, so I'm sure you will love it Smile

Meghan D.

by Pandagirl528 on 4/12/2013 9:07:00 PM

ok so iv always been afraid of bugs but I think my fear is getting a lot worse at night I check my whole room for bugs if I find one I make my dad get it I get so scared
one night I saw a spider on my ceiling I screamed so loud that my dad was like what?! happend?! I cant go to sleep knowing theres a bug in my room what should I do?
im sooooo scared of bugs

Hey girlie,

I would talk to your parents about what pest control services they have--if you know what they're doing to prevent bugs, it would make you more comfortable about being in your house. I know bugs are scary, but most of them won't hurt you in any way!

Meghan D.

by redvelvetluv on 4/12/2013 8:30:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
How do you become a mod and how old do you have to be?

hey! you apply here: http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx (you have to be 18 or over to MOD)

Helen S.