23 MINUTES AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

AN HOUR AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

2 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't wanna read about British spies?! Enter to win a copy of Dangerous Deceptions from @HMHKids: http://t.co/Eozjo2nZg1

COMMENTS

5 outdated fashion rules you gotta break

Trends come and go with the seasons, but the ironclad laws of style stay the same, right? Wrong! We’ve already OK’ed wearing white after Labor Day (twice)...

don't like the first and second, too much for me. The others are cute though!

by ColosalMascara on 2/26/2013 2:24:30 PM

i coulnd't agree more except with the black and brown one.

by alicia1998 on 2/26/2013 12:40:18 AM

JellyBeanChick

by JellyBeanChick on 2/22/2013 7:14:21 PM

i love the shoes in the black and navy picture ♥

by Casey_cookie on 2/22/2013 2:29:04 PM

What top would go with this sort of necklace?
it's floral the flowers are mint peach and lavender the chain is gold also
what color top would look cute with it? should I wear a chiffon blouse ruffled blouse mint
Sweater please help!

Hey girl, all those top ideas sound like they'd be super cute.  Lay your options out on your bed and see what they look like next to the necklace to find out which combo is your fave.

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 2/21/2013 9:35:44 AM

Since when does black and navy not go? Guess Im out of fashion trends... even though I have cute clothes!

by hmeyer on 2/20/2013 11:49:10 PM

Tights. Are. Not. Pants. Just, no. They're supposed to go OVER things. Not alone

by linabearforever on 2/20/2013 8:47:34 PM

I love the first outfit the pants are soooo cute!

by ToxicCrayon on 2/20/2013 7:52:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD !!!
Ok so I am in 8th grade and we have a Semi-Formal Dance at the end of the year and some people take dates and some dont. Well i want to go with a group of friends like we all kinda have it planned out and everything. SO my mom and I were talking about it and she goes your taking a date and I said ummm no im going with a group of friends and she is like well i guess you wont go and I reallly want to go but with my friends !!! How do I convince my mom into letting me go with friends like she has no problem with me going she just wants me to go with a date please help and sorry this is so long (:

Hey girlie, maybe she's afraid that everyone else will have a date and you'll feel left out. Assure her that none of your friends are taking dates and a lot of kids will be going solo. If she knows that it's the norm and not the exception, she'll probably be more likely to let you go. And you can also explain to her that hanging out with your friends all night will be a lot more fun than being glued to a boy.

Lauren T.