4 HOURS AGO Get psyched for back to school with these music vids: http://t.co/552P5H0TUp

7 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

8 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

COMMENTS

Get a Date: Hints on how to ask him out

You’ve had a crush on that cutie from your math class for weeks, and you really want to ask him to go out with you. But what’s...

mod mod mod would you private a comment if i ask for you to?

Hey girly,

Yes, we can hide your comments and only show the mod replies if you would prefer!

Meghan D.

by StrawberryPatchKid on 1/12/2013 10:57:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, there's this guy I really like. My best friend is his best girl friend, and she told me that the ways to get him to like me are to play hard to get, not talk to him, and talk to all his friends except him. But there are three problems with that-I can't exactly be hard to get if he doesn't want to get me in the first place, I enjoy talking to him, and his friends are annoying and mean to me. (He's the only one out of that group that's nice.) But I'm also confused because me and my best friend (same one) were talking on the bus and she just randomly said "Hey! What do you like in a girl?" And he said nice, pretty, and fun, non-obnoxious. And I've been told all three. And the things that she told me to do seem like anti-flirting mechanisms. But she said that he's just "that kind of guy". What do you think I should do?

Hey girlie,

I don't think you need to not talk to him--if you don't get to know him as friends, he won't see how awesome you are! And getting to know him as friends is a great way to find out more about him and his interests, so if you enjoy talking to him, I don't think you should stop talking to him just because you like him. Are you sure your friend doesn't like him too? She might be a little jealous and not want you to get between them. I would ask her if it's okay if you talk to him since it's not worth ruining your friendship if you're not sure he likes you back, and I would also tell your friend that no matter what happens you want to be friends with her and will respect her friendship with him, too!

Meghan D.

by soccacheer on 1/12/2013 10:45:48 PM

I am so happy from one of my bff, she finally asked this guy she has been talking about for months to join a group of us at the movies and then to ice cream afterwards. I dont know the details but she took some of my advice that I learned on GL, now we all be getting together next week. Best thing is a cutie. So I am so happy for her.

by fashionqn on 1/12/2013 10:27:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
So, there's a guy that I like. We were in a play together that just ended tonight and we chatted a lot during the whole thing. I was sick tonight and when I came to the theater he seemed really relieved and happy that I was there! This morning he texted me asking for a ride to our cast brunch when he could have asked anyone else in the cast, he chose me! We texted for like an hour about the play and school and he kept using smiley emoticons Smile I'm also going to another school next year and he sent me like 100 sad faces Frown saying he would miss me and that I should stay. Is this flirting? I really really like him, he doesn't have a gf and I don't think he likes anyone else. I would love to go out with him!!! How should I ask him out? Does it seem like he likes me? What is a good idea for a first date for 14 year olds? We also have a lot of mutual friends so group dating could be a possibility...
Thanks so much!!'

Hey girl,

It sounds like he is at least flirting with you, but I wouldn't read too much into it, because he might have just needed a ride and been sad you were leaving because he liked spending time with you as friends. If your parents are ok with you dating and you want to ask him out, maybe you could go to a movie or go bowling or skating, which would also be great if you try for a group date. A group date would also be less awkward because your friends would be there, too! I can't tell you whether or not you should ask him out--you could keep getting to know him as friends to see if he likes you, or you could just tell him you like him and see what happens. The good thing is that if he wants to be just friends, you won't have to see him every day at school next year. Good luck with your decision girlie!

Meghan D.

by kwr3000 on 1/12/2013 9:56:16 PM

mod mod mod
thanks for the advice Meghan D.!!! i will try hanging out as friends and see how it goes! but the thing is, we were friends before we started texting a lot and i know that he is anything but shy. also, over text he would always tell me that I am beautiful and say how much he likes me and asked me to hang out with him after break all the time... now he doesnt talk to me at school but still texts me!! what does this mean??
thanks for all of your help!! you guys are awesome!

Hey! maybe he doesn't know how to talk to you in person but feels more confident about writing what he wants to say in a text. Say hey to him and start up a conversation the next time you see him at school, see where it goes. good luck!

Helen S.

by ponygirl6298 on 1/12/2013 3:44:13 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD PLEASE HELP!!!!
Okay, so, the guy I like is a senior in high school and I'm a freshman... My sister is friends with him and he knows I like him and she told him how I wanted to go to Prom with him and he said that might take me because he wants me to move on to someone my own age after he goes to college in a different state... He doesn't know that I know he told my sister that and now when we hang out he talks to me less and he just seems like a different person! We're in the play Grease together and we're playing Roger and Jan which are a couple and even though we only had three practices, he hasn't said anything about it...the first two were better but then after he told my sister that he's been really weird! Please tell me what to do! Sorry this is such a long message too! I hope you have some good advice !

Hey! since things seem tense, the best thing you can do is talk to him about your feelings. it's scary, but it's one of those things you'll dread doing but be glad after it happens. good luck!

Helen S.

by BrianaHope on 1/12/2013 3:07:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so my crush and I were talking about this camp that student council is going to. And I said,"I think we get to go horseback riding. But I don't like horses because they scare me." And he said,"Well, you scare me." He didn't mean it in a mean way, he was just joking. But what's that suppose to mean? I don't literally scare him... Or do I? Please help!

hey! he was flirting with you, and letting you know that he feels a little nervous around you. It' pretty cute if you ask me Smile

Helen S.

by megagirrl on 1/12/2013 2:52:44 PM

Mod help I need a nonchalant way to ask my crush for his number and maybe ask if he wants to meet up in-between now and our next play together. Any tips and almost did it yesterday but I chickened out now I only have tonight and the cast party to ask otherwise I have to wait til next year for our next play.

Hey girl, just ask if he has any plans for that day that you want to hang out! If not, say you're doing something and you'd love for him to join. Just seem more friendly than asking out on a date.

lauren r.

by boy crazy<3 on 1/12/2013 10:30:36 AM

Mod mod mod! Hey! So over the Christmas holidays, I went to an audition for Disney! It was just a one week thing, but I made it through! I met a lot of great people, including my new BFF, and a guy.. He's really awesome, and I really like him, but, he lives in Honolulu, and I'm in Houston! We're both close on facebook and stuff, and we both got through auditions and were goin to LA in may.. I wanna tell him that I like him, but I don't know what he'll say, cause we're so far off! What should I do?

Hey girl, that's so cool! I think you should just tell him! There's no harm!

lauren r.

by Eilz001 on 1/12/2013 3:04:50 AM

MOD MOD MOD PLZZZZZ!
my bgf asked out my friend to the winter dance coming up. She said yes and likes him. But then she started being mean to him hurting him and verbally abusing him. My bgf didn't wanna go with her anymore. He then asked me. I said no because hes with my friend but he said he would fix it with my friend and tell her its over. \So i then said I would. Is it wrong to go with him to the dance now? I sorta like him now hes really sweet

Hey girlie,

I don't think it's wrong if they're not together, but I would definitely try to patch things up with your friend because she's probably hurt! Tell her you don't want to let a guy come between you and that you want to remain friends no matter what. Have fun at the dance!

Meghan D.