5 HOURS AGO Oh no! Some of our fav couples split this week! Find out who: http://t.co/9VE5tNEShu

9 HOURS AGO August week 4 giveaways! Do you see your name? http://t.co/SudLdgIsd5

10 HOURS AGO What you really should know about braces: http://t.co/GgkBW8UVK1

COMMENTS

Put your hearts up: Opening up about the Sandy Hook shooting

Just a few months ago, the world reeled following the Aurora movie theater shooting. And now, here we are again, shocked and horrified and unbelievably...

When I heard about this my heart sank.I couldn't believe that some one would go and kill innocent little children like that.And unfortunately we can't stop people like this and unfortunately it will happen again .What is this world coming to?

by emmacd on 12/15/2012 6:39:50 PM

I hate to be a downer like this, but there is nothing we can do to make sure it will never happen again. It's happened before, and it will happen again. We can wrap everyone in bullet-proof vests, but evil people will just find another way to mutilate innocent bystanders. It's just important to appreciate every minute we have, because we never know when it will end. My heart goes out to all affected by this horrible incident.

by happy-go-lucky14 on 12/15/2012 5:02:56 PM

This happened so close to my house, and such a terrible incident...... I camt believe anyone could be so heartless as to kill innocent children, i started crying when i heard the news...ots just so terrible

by LilyLookALike on 12/15/2012 4:47:11 PM

I feel horrible for everybody. For the parent who lost there child that day, I feel so horrible. Also, the kids who saw their teacher and best friends get shot. They're going to carry that in their minds their whole life. I cry everytime I hear about it.

by julybaby01 on 12/15/2012 4:03:05 PM

A boy in 6th grade at my school died, I was very close to him. I was already sad about his loss... and now this?! Part of me thinks the world is going to end because of all of these killings

by heather99 on 12/15/2012 3:15:11 PM

I was in this building when this happened. I was hysterical afterwards.The moment I saw my mom running towards me and my sister in the distance I ran straight into her arms, where I stayed there crying for hours, crying and sobbing my heart out.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 3:01:32 PM

20 families who have probably going to keep there children's 2012 Christmas presents forever. 20 families who will never forget there heart dropping when they found out part of their heart got killed. How could that stupid man do something so harmless!!! The children did nothing wrong - why did he have to take his anger and frustatin out on innocent five year olds!!! I am so grateful that me and my sister are alive.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 2:59:18 PM

I think it was 20 children. How could someone do this?!!! I have a little brother and sister who around the same age as the children who died, it breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with the poor parents of those children, and the kids who saw their friends shot; they will never be the same. It is such a tragedy... those poor people

by Kstar101 on 12/15/2012 2:55:30 PM

I was at this school when this happened.I'm in sixth grade, but my younger sister is in 4th grade and her teacher wanted me to come in so I did and the shooting happened.My sister dodged a shot, I was terrifed. All of the teachers were amazing trying to protect the kids. I never would have thought that this would have happened in such a small town. But it did. A few of my sister's friends got killed ; and I am so glad that my sister or I didn't. To all of the families who just lost a child or a few children I am speechless and so sorry. I just don't understand how somebody could do something that cruel. If he had a problem with his mom, he should have talked to her about it - not come to school and kill all the people I know so well. I will never forgive that guy; I don't care how sick and twisted he is; I am so glad he's dead. I will never be able to forget this; forget how I helped my sister's classmates hide; and I'll never be able to forgive him. Never. I am still in hysterics.

by Sarah510 on 12/15/2012 2:54:27 PM

I don't know what to say. I just feel really bad. Frown

by iRead on 12/15/2012 11:22:13 AM