2 HOURS AGO It's not the @ddlovato + @joejonas reunion that we've been waiting for, but...still, big news for #demi and a #jobro: http://t.co/CRvVglpjZb

3 HOURS AGO Still trying to figure out the whole #iwokeuplikethis thing? Try our 4 secrets for natural beauty and wake up pretty: http://t.co/GEEl1Sjy74

5 HOURS AGO Are you #TeamTaylor or #TeamKaty? Read the facts behind this alleged feud: http://t.co/9wqZwLoKeY #GLgossip

COMMENTS

Put your hearts up: Opening up about the Sandy Hook shooting

Just a few months ago, the world reeled following the Aurora movie theater shooting. And now, here we are again, shocked and horrified and unbelievably...

Wow.. im speechless god bless Connecticut. This is just so sad.

by outlera212 on 12/20/2012 9:08:24 PM

He did murder his mom in the house they lived in. It is so sad and scary to hear about these things. My prayers are with the families and friends of the victims

by neo6m on 12/19/2012 6:12:49 PM

he didnt murder his mom in her home. his mom was the kindergarden teacher.

by YayaYuiki on 12/17/2012 9:00:50 PM

One if my friends new a girl who was shot. Thank you for letting people know about this.

by cp33 on 12/17/2012 8:31:18 PM

Because of this, my school's security has now been upped so much. We are no longer allowed to carry our backpacks (the school is huge and sometimes your locker is one one end, upstairs, and it takes all of break just to get there, let alone go back to your classes), if you have to go between the two buildings, the doors are locked until a hall monitor sees your ID card and lets you in. IDs have to be with you at all times, even the classroom doors are locked, and we are not allowed to leave our classrooms during class.

The sad thing about this, is, it took a shooting that kills so many people for my school to up the security.

Everyone is really upset about the backpacks because we have such long distances to walk through our school. I think that schools should have the metal detectors you walk through so that makes us even safer.

It is so wrong that this happened, and my prayers go out to the town and the families.

by callieluv21 on 12/17/2012 6:48:51 PM

I was horrified to hear about this, and my heart will always be with the families of the victims.W hen I heard about the Aurora shooting I thought that was really bad. This is even worse. I cried myself to sleep that night. I am so sorry for all the Newtown people and the community. The country is feeling your pain. We all love you and we are all grieving right now. And to all the children that were at the school and came out unharmed physically, You are all so brave and I am proud of what you did. to the boy who comforted his teacher, you were braver than I probably would have ever been in that situation. LOVE EVERYBODY. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS. Frown Meghan D.

by chiarasparks on 12/17/2012 4:32:53 PM

I hate it how here I am simply typing on my computer while so many families are going though this tragedy. In school today we had a moment of silence, and now have to practice lock downs

by ColosalMascara on 12/17/2012 2:07:40 PM

@cheerfulcheer my heart goes out to you and your family. Nothing can fill this pain but I wish on you every happiness in the future. Nobody deserves this and my prayers and heart goes out to all the families affected by this tragedy.

by lolobelle_loves13 on 12/17/2012 1:33:04 PM

I'm from Newtown and the whole town is just devasted. Peopple are walking around crying. The churches are packed all the time. Yesterday there was a bomb threat in the center of twon and all most all the polices force from surrondong towns came. Tomorrow we will be going back to school. I have no idea what it is going to be like. If anybody could, wear green and white to honor Sandy Hook. It is a part of Newtown and it would mean the world to us here if anybody could

by peachyqueen on 12/17/2012 10:08:03 AM

actually,he killed his mother at home,then went to the school,then killed 6 teachers and 20 children.the mother wasnt at the school when she died

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 12/17/2012 3:50:46 AM