5 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

8 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

9 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

7 ways to flirt without saying a word

You talk all the time, but 90 percent of communication is nonverbal. So what does that mean when it comes to your eye candy? A...

Okay, my crush,I think only sees me as a friend. I catch him staring at me, and all of that, and I go a littl crazy around him but I've got that under control so we're pretty much friends. How can I push it further? We aren't close but I want to be. How do I do this?
Thx

Hey girlie,

If you are friends now maybe you can get closer to him as friends and then go from there. You could ask him to hang out in a group with your friends, or set up a study date with him to go over schoolwork. Or you could just talk to him at lunch and after school! Once you are close friends you could start dropping hints that you like him Smile Good luck chica!

Meghan D.

by PeculiarGurl on 2/23/2013 9:21:47 PM

MODMODMOD-There is a cutie guy i like. he is allways stairing at me. He may or may not have a girlfriend. a few month ago i asked him out and he said no. Now he kinda flirts with me....what do i do??

Hey girlie,

If you're not sure if he has a girlfriend, maybe you could keep getting to know him as friends and see if he mentions anything. Try talking to him at lunch and after school about classes and ask what he likes to do after school and on weekends. If he has a girlfriend, he will probably mention it!

Meghan D.

by pieplover7 on 2/18/2013 8:34:19 PM

MODMODMODMOD
1. Okay so my friend has liked this guy for a really long time. He now has a girlfriend. My friend is really sad and I feel bad for her but now all she talks about is him. It is getting really annoying.
2. On thursday, we are having a valentines dance. I am wearing a strapless red flowy dress with tights and black combat boots. How should I do my hair and makeup? My hair is brown, wavy and shoulder length. My eyes are green and I have paleish skin and full lips.
THANKS!!

Hey girlie, 1. try pointing out a new cute boy that she might like. Helping her find a new crush will help her get over the old one. 2. wear you makeup naturally. You don't want to overdo it so keep it simple with some eye makeup and lipstick. Pull your hair back into a pretty updo or curl it.

Lauren T.

by riadaisy on 2/10/2013 7:05:45 PM

mod mod mod
the guy i like is really nice and makes everyone laugh. one of my friends said he has made some bad desicions though. i am one of those people who say the past is the past and it should stay there. is there a way i can go out with him without my friends thinking poorly about it? he always makes eye contact and he is always trying to make me laugh. i sometimes notice him watching me if im having a bad day as well. is he even interested in the first place? or is he just being friendly? if he is interested, should i ask him out or wait? any advice on what i should do from here would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Hey girlie, it's too early to tell if he's interested. Spend more time with him and do some flirting to see how he responds. As long as you're sure that he's changed, you'll be able to convince your friend that he's a good guy for you.

Lauren T.

by lili-ana on 2/3/2013 7:22:32 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
i kinda like this guy i see him twice a week for abut an hour.we do not go to the same school.he is very shy.so am i.he always sits far away from me.but he always look back.how do i tell if he likes me????i have never talked to him before.how do i break the ice???
thanks

Try talking to him first! Maybe you guys can compare your schools or talk about friends or family. Start with the small talk, which will lead to longer and better conversations. You won't be able to tell if he likes you until you talk to him first!

mailyse f.

by olivia19 on 1/25/2013 9:56:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Basically, a few months ago I met this boy that I've come to like quite a bit. However, we've never met face to face. I met him online through a chat website. He lives in England and I live in the US. I'm always careful about talking to people on the internet and making sure I don't give out any serious personal info. Just to make sure he was who he said he was, I had him go on camera so I could see ;P and yes, he is the 16 year old boy he says he is. I'm 15, by the way. Anyway, I haven't told my parents about him yet, but I plan to. Of course, I have to if I ever want to meet him in person. We've been talking about meeting for sometime now. The thing is, my parents always worry about me talking to people on the internet, and I'm just not sure how they'll take it or if they'll let me meet him. I guess I was just wondering if you had any ideas on how and when to tell them? Thank you so much! <3

Hey girlie, the best way to tell them is just do it. Wait for a lull in conversation and bring it up with them to see how they feel about it. Tell them that you've been very careful and assure them that you're being safe online.

Lauren T.

by barenziah97 on 1/13/2013 6:07:31 PM

Thx for this article!i can't wait 2 try these cool subtle flirting hints u guus r boss!

by pinterest on 1/7/2013 8:46:08 PM

So i like but I' I'm 12 and he's 1 I do like t but I hardly see hi but I hardly see him ever I see he's really cute an he's really cute and funny please help m what should Ido what should I do or say

Hey girl,

If you don't see him much, try getting to know him as friends so that you'll have an excuse to talk to him more often. Try talking to him at lunch or after school and start a casual conversation about school or extracurriculars, and then let the conversation flow naturally into other topics. Once you get to know each other, you can hang out outside of school too!

Meghan D.

by pinterest on 1/7/2013 8:37:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i've had a huge crush on a certain boy for over a year now. last year, we had classes together and we would always talk. this year we haven't talked at all. we only have pe together, but he's always surrounded by his friends which makes it impossible to talk to him. my best friend told me he told her that he liked an asian girl that was only in his pe class, with dark hair and hazel eyes, which could only be me. i really want him to know that i like him back, but i have no idea how to do it! im not athletic, so i cant impress him by running the fastest mile or anything. i really want to get his number. what should i do? please help! thank you soooo much!!! Smile

Hey girlie, watch for him to be away from his friends and approach him. Just say hi and see where it takes you. You could also get a couple of friends to go with you to talk to him and his friends.

Lauren T.

by iloveigloos on 1/6/2013 8:36:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
I really really like this guy that I was friends with. Ok no problem so far, but he knows that I like him and never talks to me anymore. He has a major crush on this one girl, but she doesn't like him at all. I'm afraid he hates me, and he only ever talks to me/notices me when it is absolutely nessecary. Help please!!!!!

hey girl! sadly, not everyone ya meet is gonna crush on you. it stinks, I know, but you deserve someone who realizes just how awesome you are. there are plenty of amazing guys out there, just keep an eye out for them! I think ya might wanna try and move on from this guy. remember, you want someone who appreciates you for who you are!

xoxo

Katie L.

by nerd_girl_lotr on 1/2/2013 1:19:24 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMOD
For Christmas I got a faux leather jacket that is burgundy. I don't have colored skinny jeans or knit shirts to wear with it. I want to wear it for new years but I have zero fashion sense. What colors should I wear under it?

Hey girl,

That sounds like an awesome jacket! You could wear it with a black dress or a solid colored shirt and jeans. Happy holidays!

Meghan D.

by katgirly on 12/28/2012 9:10:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Hi. I really like this guy in 8th grade... im in sevent though... we flirt alot and talk a little in school... i just dont really know if he would go out with someone younger then him plz help me

Hey shysweetie, no worries it's only a year. You guys may only be a few months apart anyway. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by shysweetie on 12/28/2012 6:30:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I like this guy and i think he likes me. I could go for hours about why think he likes me but i cant write that much. How can i tell if he does like me?
Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Hey girl,

Check out this article for a list of some signs a guy might like you! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/11/08/How-to-tell-if-he-likes-you-likes-you.aspx?cp=all

Meghan D.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 12/24/2012 7:36:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
i started talking to this guy and we both really like eachother. He wants to do stuff with me... Dont take me wrong i want to do stuff with him too but i dont want to go all the way. He never talks to me at shcool because we both feel awkward. I feel like he might be using me. How can i tell. I asked him if he was and he said no but im still just scared.

Hey girlie, tell him you're not ready. Hold off on the physical stuff a little longer to test him. If you can fun together and have good conversation without him pushing for more physically or threatening to leave, he's only in it for that. But if he's alright with waiting until you're ready and you like spending time with him then he's probably genuinely interested in you.

Lauren T.

by Roxizzy on 12/23/2012 5:24:18 PM

What does it mean when you find a guy attractive but
Don't have feelings for him?

Hey girl, nothing is wrong with that. Just means you think he's cute, but you're not interesting in having him as a BF.

lauren r.

by redvelvetluv on 12/22/2012 11:52:32 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
ok so there is this boy ive been friends with sence kindergarden. Hes been know to date just the "hot" girls. sudenly hes been droping complaments on me all the time. im not sur if i should keep my guard up cause i not sure i should trust him. but i just dont know. what should i do??

Hey kathapple17, mhmm he may be interested in you. Don't make any moves yet, just see where everything goes. Keep me updated! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by kathapple17 on 12/21/2012 7:07:32 PM

There's this guy I know I rarely see him but when I do
He talk to everyone else but ignores me sometimes I'll catch him
Staring at me but when I look he puts his head down
It makes me feel offended any advice?

Hey redvelvetluv, I just answered this question. Sorry no one got to it before me! Let me know if you got my response! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by redvelvetluv on 12/21/2012 4:59:41 PM

which of these don't apply to 12 year olds?

Hey girl,

I think these tips are appropriate for girls of any age Smile

Meghan D.

by soccacheer on 12/15/2012 12:49:19 AM

by soccacheer on 12/15/2012 12:48:15 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I really like this cute guy in my class, and I want to ask him out, maybe to hang out with friends at our cafe' in town, but how would I do it without making things awkward if he takes it the wrong way? Any advice?

Hey girl,

It can be totally intimidating to ask a guy out, but try to just be yourself! If it's in a group date with friends, that's a lot less awkward, so just ask if he wants to go to the cafe with you and your friends sometime! If he gets freaked out, just say you still want to be friends then and leave it at that. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by iloveonedirection! on 12/10/2012 7:09:29 PM

MOD!
Could some of these tips apply to guys flirting with girls? For example, if my crush were to tap my shoulder when he passes me, would that be flirting? Thanks!

Hey girlie, the answer is yes! These definitely work both ways!

Lauren T.

by Bridgge2010 on 12/9/2012 7:43:47 PM

rly good tips! just wish i had a cute guy to do them 2!

by fearless;) on 12/9/2012 5:59:44 PM

I'm 15, in high school, and i'm in love with one of my teachers. I know that nothing could happen and its illegal and wrong and i would never try anything, but i can't get over him. lately, i realized that i've been doing some crazy and dangerous things just to get his attention. please help.

Hey girl, be very very careful about that one. There's nothing wrong with having a crush on a teacher, just don't let it get out of hand. Have the crush, but don't do anything that you would regret!! Just be yourself.

lauren r.

by msindependent on 12/9/2012 2:56:17 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have a huge crush on my friend. He is one grade below me and we have gym class together and we also hang out a lot, and he always tickles me in front of my friends, and right now we are skyping. I really want to ask him out, and all my friends think I should too...I just don't know how to do it without freaking him out, and being casual about it. Help Please!! Thanks Smile

Hey girl,

If you want to ask him out, there's no rush, so if you want to wait a little while and be friends first, there's nothing wrong with that! If you want to ask him out, I would do it in person and say you still want to be friends no matter how he feels. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by fruitcake99 on 12/9/2012 12:56:04 AM

Those are great tips for flirting. I think if you can flirt without talking and it involves physical things like touching his arm or shoulder that means so much more because when we say things that we want to sound flirtatious sometimes it doesnt come out that way.

I am going to use these tips before school gets put for break, I'll let you know how it well the tips work.

by fashionqn on 12/8/2012 11:51:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
So my crush from the first day I met is going to leave FOREVER tomorrow! So before I leave I want to give him a kiss i don't think he would mind a cheek but I REALLY want to kiss him on the lips!I can do a cheek kiss but I LOVE to have a real kiss with him! so 2 things. how do I get everyone to leave me and crush alone? and how do I get him to get him to WANT 2 kiss me on the lips! oh did I mention were 5 years apart!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

When you say he's leaving forever, does that mean he's moving away? If he's going to another state, I could understand that you might want to make a lasting impression, but that might freak him out if you aren't dating. If he doesn't know you like him, maybe you could start by telling him that before you try to kiss him. And if you mean that he's leaving for a winter break from school, you still have time to get to know him next year, so there's no need to rush anything and you can wait for a perfect moment Smile

Meghan D.

by AarynJ on 12/8/2012 10:25:12 PM

Hey girlies! Come join my club IT GIRL!
It will give you tons of flirting and guy advice!

by iheartparis101 on 12/8/2012 7:32:20 PM

NEED ADVICE FAST? GO HERE: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=10905

by myfatsquirrel on 12/8/2012 7:31:13 PM

thanks!♥

by ahhhwaky on 12/8/2012 5:23:56 PM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 12/8/2012 5:17:09 PM

There's this boy who I think likes me. He tickled my chin, rested his arm on my shoulder, patted my head, and grabbed my leg at a haunted house lol. I like him too, but I really don't wanna tell him "I like you", because the last time I told it to another guy, it ended up a disaster. I see my crush every Tuesday and Thursday, so should I tickle his chin Tuesday? And on Thursday (I got this funny idea from my friend) should I write on my hand "U R A QT" (like "your a cutie!" and have him read it out loud, and then I'll say in a British accent "Oh stop it, you!"? He's a funny guy, so I think he might get a kick out of that, but I need advice before I do it! Should I go for it? What are some other ways to show that your interested without saying the words "I like you"?

Hey! I think that sounds cute, you should go for it: here's some more advice about subtle flirting: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/12/08/7-ways-to-flirt-without-saying-a-word.aspx

Helen S.

by isabellec on 12/8/2012 4:40:29 PM

hey i need a mod now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! christmas is coming up and idk wat to get my bf.... there is this skate board he wants but i don't think i can afford it... my friends say i should just kiss him on the lips for the first time but idk if im ready for that yet..... any ideas of something not to expensive i could get him???

Hey! what about a cd of a band you think he'll like?

Helen S.

by i_love_my_bf on 12/8/2012 4:26:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i need boy advice!!!
so , im really awkward around guys. If i like someone i rather act really awkward or really mean. i kinda can't help it.
so i reaalllyyy like this kid, and im ruining everything!! it was raining during a fire drill today and he goes "come here! im cold!" and wraps his arms around me!! but wanna know what i do? i pulled away and said "get off of me!" and walked away. ugh. that could of been a moment!
he always makes jokes with me and teases me (nicely) and compliments me but i feel like im ruining everything. i don't wanna scare him off. has the damage already been done? help???

Hey! the ball's just in your court now, so show some interest in him and he won't be scared Smile

Helen S.

by xThisGirl13x on 12/8/2012 3:30:12 PM

There's this guy I've had a huge crush ever since I met him on the 1st day of school this year. He's a senior, & I'm a junior, and we sit together in 2 classes. I used to like him a lot until I found out he had a gf, so I backed off. Problem is, we still flirt, A LOT. We got closer over these months, and he acts like he really likes me. In math, he always jokes around with me and touches me-a lot-like yesterday he was like massaging my legs. He gave me his number and has asked me to come to some of his parties and jokes about hanging out with me after school, and even gave me a nickname. Our flirting is really obvious, and I've told my friends secretly that I like him. Yesterday this kid in our class whispered to me "Do you like him?" I feel ashamed of my behavior, but I can't help it. He doesn't treat other girls the same, even his gf. And we're always running into eachother like fate! Hes not around his gf as much anymore. Is this wrong of me? Is just flirting harmless?

Hey! It's hard to say how harmless flirting is when one person is in a relationship. On the one hand you are entitled to be friends and sometimes friends flirt a little. It's just part of social interaction. On the other hand you're both mature enough to know if a line is being crossed. Put yourself in his gf's place. When you're hanging with him if you think she wouldn't like the level of flirting going on, try to be conscious and back off out of respect for her. Good luck!

Helen S.

by bookworm31 on 12/8/2012 3:06:15 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!!!
1. My crush told his sort of friend that he liked me. Here's the things no one ever really tells this friend anything. Also,at the end of the day we saw eachother. he didnt ask me out, he just kinda ignored me until we just couldn't do it anymore and said "Hey, how you doing?" This all happened on a Friday, and i dont have his number, making this all impossible. What should I do???
2. My school does this thing called "lunch studies". It helps our teachers with attendance. When we misbehave we have to sit in lunchstudies. I dont know any one in my lunch study and I'm stuck in them on Monday and probably Tuesday. What should I do?? XOXO, Kay

Hey! 1)Well, he likes you, so what does that mean to you? You might just want to keep being friends, because you don't necessarily have to acknowledge it unless you want to. 2) For lunchstudies maybe ask someone for study help and start a conversation to get to know them better so you can make friends in your group. good luck!

Helen S.

by PandaLover0330 on 12/8/2012 2:43:22 PM

I do all of these. I'm not good with smooth talk so I just use body language Smile

by YouCanCallMeCat on 12/8/2012 2:26:22 PM

I don't know how to flirt without showing him you LOVE him; what if you just want to feel him out?

by puddinface7 on 12/8/2012 1:09:01 PM