1 HOURS AGO Tights with shorts?! Oh yeah it's happening: http://t.co/kXQq0z0eZL

13 HOURS AGO The truth about shaving your arm hair: http://t.co/ajzVkpuuub

16 HOURS AGO @theduckbrand challenges YOU to create & accessorize a prom outfit w/Duck Tape for a chance to #win: http://t.co/WXboQLPzjB #stuckatprom

COMMENTS

This just in: Your school year is about to get longer

So you’re thrilled to pieces when the final bell rings at 3 p.m., right? Well, don’t through your papers in the air and starting shouting...

to get into an Ivy league or specialized school. It is ridiculous that people are so upset about this when our counterparts in Asia are kicking our butts.

by IDKBoys on 12/5/2012 12:39:28 AM

I am all for an extended school day. Since i dont live in the lower 48 i wont be affected by it anytime soon. I love school and there are days when I wish it was longer. There is a reason the U.S. is falling behind educationwise. I just got done reading Outliers by: Malcom Gladwell. It is a very thought provoking books intended for adults but I'm in an HG program so my L.A. teacher assigned it. In one chapter it talks about since Asians used to/sometimes still work all year tending to their rice patties, they have developed this work ethic that surpasses everyone esle in the world, Europeans and Americans,especially, have no where near that work ethic, when its cold outside, we dont go work outside in the cold we bundle up in our coats and rush to our warm car that takes us to our warm buildings. There is a reason lots of kids drop out in 10th grade. The No Child Left Behind program is a waste of time, kids in Asia have to work harder to get into high school than Americans have to...

by IDKBoys on 12/5/2012 12:37:38 AM

ahh no non no! Hopefully this won't happen to my state. Our teacher already gives us 2 hours of homework a day and I'm only in 5th grade! She just randomly thinks of assignments/project and gives them to us! She says we might have a mass project during X-mas break! Hope this doesn't happen! GIVE US A BREAK JEEZ! kids need a break once in a while. I know USA wants to be top again but your gonna kill us!

Thank you for listening to my rant. (:

by gemstone_smile5 on 12/4/2012 11:28:17 PM

i live in canada,so this wont affect me,but if they added one hour to the end of my school day,i's be walking home in the dark...

by FrenchRose on 12/4/2012 11:19:39 PM

That sucks! 300 hours is a lot! :O

Sooooo glad I live in Canada right now!

by haileymonkey11 on 12/4/2012 11:03:54 PM

My English class has been talking a ton about this stuff and my teacher predicted that it probably won't dramatically change in our generation. Maybe for our kids though. The reasons why they want to extend the school year/hours is because 1) Other countries like Japan and South Korea have over 220 days of school, and it puts a behind in our education 2) Our schedule is based for the 20th century because they made summer long enough for kids to help on farms and stuff. This effects us because we run on a 21st century life, and our schedule isn't the same, making it hard for us to work on an outdated sort of schedule 3) We may get more education with the extended time.

by alexia_directioner<3 on 12/4/2012 10:54:30 PM

I live in CT and am hoping my school isn't one of the ones in this program. I get we have to learn and stuff, but I don't think they really understand how much a break is needed. We already lost our winter vacation from Hurricane Sandy, so from January til April we won't have a break. Frown

by sclarkin on 12/4/2012 9:43:17 PM

tank god it's not minnesota XD

by aki2000 on 12/4/2012 9:40:18 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! S.O.S.! HELP ME! it must be that time in the bible when all the bad things start to happen and the world ends &we all die! hey.. ppl say the world is going to end dec. 21. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

by katherinebrown2001 on 12/4/2012 9:28:47 PM

Not me -- the Archdioceses cannot move the date of Graduation, so my last day will always be June 15th, under no circumstances! WOOHOO! Our school might close this year anyway because of the Archdioceses anyway.

by Kikikim8 on 12/4/2012 9:01:02 PM