14 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

15 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

15 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

This just in: Your school year is about to get longer

So you’re thrilled to pieces when the final bell rings at 3 p.m., right? Well, don’t through your papers in the air and starting shouting...

What?!?! Nooooo! I live in Connecticut and I'm sorry but this just cannot happen! School is so way long enough!

by maggie183 on 12/5/2012 5:10:12 PM

Also, a lot of schools are already having major budget cuts, and we're about to pay our teachers for more hours? That's a great plan! Why don't we start serving caviar for lunch and hors d'oeuvres before each class? Oh! And don't forget about giving each of us a laptop so we can do our schoolwork!

by sarah.sjworm on 12/5/2012 4:05:47 PM

That's really irritating considering half of the stuff I do in school is busywork already. they're trying to give us more hours? So that we have to do even MORE busywork? They do realize that kids will start skipping more, right? This, I think, is the most stupid idea I have ever heard the government come up with, and, believe me, they've had a lot of stupid ideas. They think adding more hours is going to help us catch up with those Asian countries? Or that less kids will start dropping out or skipping? It won't help us catch up with China, Japan, etc. If anything, it'll make us more behind, as more of us kids will have less time to do homework, projects, study and the like. As for the skipping problem- if anything, more kids will start to skip. The kids that skip already consider school too long! Obviously, in order to combat against the skipping, the only answer is to give us more days and hours to be in school! (Can you sense the sarcasm? It's dripping.)

by sarah.sjworm on 12/5/2012 3:58:49 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by rockchik333 on 12/5/2012 2:35:24 PM

wait like even band they're taking away at your school

by kyleigh1234 on 12/5/2012 11:18:16 AM

maybe its not her choice maybe her parents chose

Karin E.

by kyleigh1234 on 12/5/2012 11:16:14 AM

To be perfectly honest, I don't think this is going to make a difference. Studies show that just because you work LONGER doesn't mean you learn better. Working that late and then having to do about an hour to two hours of homework, is just too much and kids are going to stop paying attention. I know kids in Asia work more and are more successful and have more work ethic but the kid's parents are also teaching their kids differently. Personally, I think this is just going to make things worse.

by iluvmusic♥ on 12/5/2012 10:58:37 AM

I agree with more arts education in schools, but how will we be able to do other activities outside of school?

by iRead on 12/5/2012 5:46:43 AM

Hey Girls! Join Legit Boy Advice!

This is a LEGIT club about boy advice. Any questions you have let me know because guess what?! I have 5 brothers and I have each age group of boys that you will have questions for (about ANYTHING)get REAL answers from REAL BOYS themselves! All you have to do is include your age and question and I'll get right too it!

by Chloe<3 on 12/5/2012 2:23:01 AM

I'm homeschooled , and working to finish school early and I have a lot of school to, but I'm getting a good education.Kids are going to school and sitting around all day where I live (CA).They have short days and they have days where they don't go to school at all, and the school district might be taken over by the state because of budget cuts.I feel bad for the kids, they want us to run the U.S. one day but they are not getting a proper education.There should be more hours to the day but teachers actually need to teach, instead of just letting them draw all day. So their are to sides to this, Good and Bad.

by emmacd on 12/5/2012 1:01:54 AM