9 HOURS AGO #GLQuiz Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/4LTyVqDpZO

10 HOURS AGO What to expect transitioning from home schooling to public school: http://t.co/VexOwlx570

11 HOURS AGO Exactly what to put in your BTS makeup bag! http://t.co/N6wTjqrhwe

COMMENTS

How to get what you want--without begging

It’s always tough to get your ‘rents to see your point of view, especially when you’re asking for something radical or expensive. Before you start reverting to...

My parents insist on me wearing khaki pants instead of jeans. they say they look better, but they're no not fashionable, expensive and get old really easily! Jeans don't wear out, go on sale a lot, are cheap, and have so many different styles. Whatever i tell them, they won't let me get them! I feel so not normal! what do i do to get a pair of jeans???

by Fruitluver043 on 10/20/2012 8:33:08 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod
How do i get my really strict jamaician parents to let me date. Im 10 years old but there is a guy im sure im in love with. I think he might ask me out and i dont want to break his beautiful amazing heart.

hey girl! if you ask me, you're parents aren't very strict at all! I know girls who weren't allowed to date until they were 16 or 17. Take it easy, there's no rush to grow up! Try being his friend for now, and if you really want to , tell him you like him. But remember to obey your parents, they are probably pretty smart!

xoxo

Katie L.

by hgrules on 10/3/2012 4:37:08 PM

my dad won't let me have a facebook but my biological mom will and she already got me one and i asked my dad if i could have one and he said no and i asked why? and he said that i'm to young and i said that all my friends have one and he said he doesn't care and i don't kno what to do about it and i don't kno how to tell hi the truth and if i do... i feel like he's gonna ground e for a VERY long timehelp me!!!

by Beanie3213 on 9/26/2012 11:43:41 PM

I get what I want by getting good grades and doing most of what my parents ask. Then when I want something, I mention how good I have been. That gets me what I want most of the time from my mom and dad. But my dad is a softy and I can get things easily from him.

by fashionqn on 9/20/2012 1:33:27 PM

mod mod mod mod!!
i really want to start dating, (both of my crushes like me ) and my mom is totally cool with it, i mean im turning 13 in about 3 months and she knows both the guys i like... but my dad, now hes TOTALLY not cool with it, he said, if i get a boy friend he's gonna bring out his guns when i bring the guy home(meaning bringing out his shot guns and rifles and pistols, just to scare him!) he also growls at the mention of me LIKING a guy! what should do!

Hey girl,

If your mom says its okay, maybe encourage her to talk to your dad! It's normal for your dad to be protective of you, but all parents have to let go eventually. If your parents talk, your mom can explain that she knows them and maybe you can reach a compromise, like that you will check in with them throughout the night and be home by a certain time.

Meghan D.

by lilja on 9/15/2012 9:04:22 PM

i really want to start dating, (both of my crushes like me Smile ) and my mom is totally cool with it, i mean im turning 13 in about 3 months and she knows both the guys i like... but my dad, now hes TOTALLY not cool with it, he said, if i get a boy friend he's gonna bring out his guns when i bring the guy home(meaning bringing out his shot guns and rifles and pistols, just to scare him!) he also growls at the mention of me LIKING a guy! what should do!

by lilja on 9/15/2012 7:04:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I really need your help. My parents are seriously overprotective. Just this week one of my friends had a pool party, but my parents wouldn't let me go because they don't know her parents (they said i was going to get raped but my friend is a girl!). They won't let me go to the park thats RIGHT ACROSS MMY STREET(cuz it's "too dangerous"), they won't let me have an ipod touch (its not "age appropriate") and they don't let me go anywhere. Once my mom YELLED at a friend for asking me if i wanted to hang out. Its embarassing now because everyone thinks my parents are evil. Its really frustrating beacause they think i follow my friends around when all i want is to spend time with them outside of school. I get good grades, I babysit and clean the house. I'm not a bad kid. Please give me advice to try to make my parents relax and trust me

Hey girlie,

Check out this article about almost the same sitch! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/09/09/parents-ruining-social-life.aspx It's totally annoying, but it happens to a lot of girls. It might feel like you're alone in this "overprotectedness," but you're not <3

And check out this article for tips on how to talk to your parents to ask for what you want.

The most important thing to remember is BE MATURE. Don't freak out, don't yell, and stay calm. Take deep breaths and try to understand where they're coming from, while also clearly explaining your point of view. It might take time, but take baby steps toward what you want and be willing to work with them <3
Lauren C.

by juicypeach09 on 8/16/2012 7:48:37 PM

MOD MOD!?
I wear makeup regularly, when I go out I'll wear everything but foundation and sometimes concealer.
On an almost daily basis I wear mascara and lipgloss and I always have my nails done, the 'rents are fine with it.
But when I asked them if I can start wearing it to school they both totally flipped. They said no way. I know my bff is wearing nail polish and mascara and obviously lipgloss
All I wanted to wear was some Mascara, Lipgloss and occasionally some blush and nail polish. So far I only asked nail polish and they said no. I mean I'm going into 8th grade for crying out loud!
I am scared to ask them bout the rest now!
School starts in like 2 days, and my 13 bday is coming up on the 20th...maybe I should ask them once I am 13?
I don't know help!
Thanks!

Hey Girl,

Why not try explaining to them why you want to wear makeup? They might think you're going for a wild and attention-grabbing look. Maybe you could try showing them the look you're going for instead. as for nail polish, maybe you could compromise and wear light shades or even clear polish?

Best of luck!
simone s.

by beauty_puberty on 8/7/2012 1:10:46 PM

well the thing is people think im weird in the bad way so i cant be myself or they'll think im weirder

by pandasrock292 on 8/7/2012 11:10:21 AM

mod?
how do i become more popular?

Hey chica! There's no "trick" to becoming popular, unfortunately it's all about how people feel about you.  As long as you're friendly and yourself, people will like you for who you are! xoxo

Kate G.