Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO What makes your girl a top-notch bestie? Tell us: http://t.co/8zGoxsLGnU

12 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

15 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

COMMENTS

Thinking about Aurora: How to keep calm and carry on in a scary world

When I read about what happened in Aurora, Colo., last Friday morning, I was stunned. The man who walked through the side door of that movie theater...

I live six minutes away from the theater. SIX. MINUTES. This very easily could have been me. I haven't stopped crying since the day I saw the news report. Thank you, GL, for posting this article. Everyone here in Denver/Aurora appreciates it so, so much. I'm really upset that I can't donate blood yet because I'm not 16, it's going to great lengths to help the victims. I am so thankful that nobody I know lost their live in this horrific event, although several of my close friends had planned on attending the showing. I don't know what made them change their plans, but I consider it a miracle that they are still with me today. RIP to the twelve beautiful lost lives and I'm praying for a fast recovery for those who were injured or lost a loved one. TO EVERYONE READING THIS: If you pray, pray. If you have money to donate, donate. If you're above 16, give your blood. If you have a heart, keep the victims in it. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO. Take care everyone, we will bounce back.

by fireworks1071 on 7/24/2012 1:01:42 AM

Thank you so much everyone! I am from CO and when I heard about this is was so scared for everyone! Thanks for thinking of us! Means a lot to me and the whole state of Colorado!

by eclipsechick12 on 7/24/2012 12:03:59 AM

I don't even live in colorado and i'm scared to go into a movie theatre. Don't look at me crazy but I have thought that someone would do that many years ago. I thought what a great way for someone to take hostages. Go in a movie theatre and kill people. I think of this so I can prepare myself so if that ever does happen to me I know what to do. Or stay aware! I am scared. Like you may see people driving or in your class room and you think they are "normal" but they may be plotting stuff now, or they have done stuff. Scary movies are what crazy people get there info. And for us to be aware. People assume like saying "I hate you!" or "I'll kill you." Is funny but seriously its not. I know I watch scary movies and I'm like wat ever thats not scary, but if it was ME in their situation I would be! People think I'm OCD about locking doors and making sure windows are covered at night, but it really is to make sure my fam. is safe.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 7/24/2012 12:02:43 AM

I have no idea if this relates to my MOD question but thank you so much for his article it means a lot to me. Thank you. I'm still frightened but I will get over it. Oh and I'd like to thank Rachel A for giving me such great advice on my MOD question. Thank you. Best of luck to everyone who has been affected like me. Love you all. <3

by Redkyffin on 7/23/2012 11:23:43 PM

by Redkyffin on 7/23/2012 11:18:44 PM

I'm really sad this happened my heart broke when I read about this, why did he do it in the first place? Thx so much Girlslife for posting this article to help girls. It helped me and I love y'all even more now. My heart and prayers go out to all the families and friends of those dead and injured hope they fully recover and RIP

by Charlotte12sky4 on 7/23/2012 11:15:11 PM

This terrifies me because I live about 20-30 minutes from where this happened. My brother works at a theater and I am so grateful that it wasn't that one. My heart goes out to all affected and I hope everyone injured will fully recover. RIP

by kykyskibunny on 7/23/2012 10:53:11 PM

This is terrible my aunt was actually going to go to that theatre until I convinced her to go shopping instead...I just want everyone affected to know I hope things will get better.

by cheerfulcheer on 7/23/2012 10:09:35 PM

That scares me a lot. Instead of planning out his life, he was planning on how to end other people's lives. Its so messed up, its freakin scary. I am praying for the victim's families, and I hope you are too.

by future_artist on 7/23/2012 9:56:59 PM