Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO The secret to making the perfect potato pancakes: http://t.co/KkKtFd0zZH

1 HOURS AGO 5 ways to take bobby pins just went from basic to classy: http://t.co/ZUm5Wvfg8W

2 HOURS AGO 5 adorable party dresses for plus-sized babes: http://t.co/JRPUNoYxjl

COMMENTS

Thinking about Aurora: How to keep calm and carry on in a scary world

When I read about what happened in Aurora, Colo., last Friday morning, I was stunned. The man who walked through the side door of that movie theater...

This is so sad!!! It's just a terrible massacre!

by Dazzle31 on 7/24/2012 11:06:54 AM

I sort of understand where puffinlover99 is coming from. The statistics for all of these tragedies are so low, yet officials want to set stricter laws on firearms after just one incident. They don't really know if an incident like thisis going to happen again in the near future. Just one incident is not going to change the statistics of it all. The chances of something happening with an irresponsible firearm is the same as it was before the shooting in Aurora, so I don't understand why they would want to change the laws of it.

I hope I don't sound inconsiderate because, truly the shooting in Aurora was very tragic. Althought I lost no family or friends close to me, I very well could have if the shooting was somewhere near where myself, or other family members of mine lived. I feel empathy for everyone out there who is injured or has lost the life of a loved one. Keep fighting! You Are Strong Smile

by imacutegeek72 on 7/24/2012 10:54:40 AM

Join my club

by monicaisfabuluz on 7/24/2012 10:47:27 AM

The thing about occurences like this that bugs me is that now parents will use it as an excuse to limit their kid's freedom. Yes, it is sad. Sadly, there are crazies in the world. But if you look at the statistics, mass killings don't happen very often. I don't think the guy deserves the death penalty, and I don't think he'll get it. He is obviously disturbed. Also, there shouldn't be stricter gun laws. Most people choose to use their firearms in a responsible manner. Then again, just what I feel.

by puffinlover99 on 7/24/2012 10:17:07 AM

My cosioun was shot three times in the back there and she is still alive.

by Sarah510 on 7/24/2012 8:52:50 AM

Please join my club, The Agency!
Its for all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

xx
Olivia

by Ostar21 on 7/24/2012 8:20:04 AM

It's just so hard to understand why someone would do such a horrible thing. Praying for the victims and their families. Smile

by Acutiebookworm on 7/24/2012 3:38:26 AM

Oh my gosh, I hope the injured people get better! That guy is crazy for doing that. I really do think he deserves the death sentence for killing 12 people. It might not bring those people back to life, but it could prevent him doing anything awful again. Even if he was locked in jail for the rest of his life (instead of getting the death sentence), I would be terrified of him breaking out and doing something similar to more people.

by purplenurple88 on 7/24/2012 3:03:26 AM

I feel so sad and I actually cried all the way in California. I'm a regular moviegoer myself and it made me afraid. My heart definitely reaches out to all the victims' families and I wish them all the best. I really do. I hope that nothing like this happens again.

by Emilicious on 7/24/2012 1:40:52 AM

I thought what happened was heartbreaking. I've heard that the movie theater is one of the best ways to get kidnapped and whatnot, but I never imagined this would happen. And guess why the guy did that? He was kinda crazy, and he thought he was Joker!

by pretty123 on 7/24/2012 1:10:43 AM